Pulling the trigger on LED's I believe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .
Reaction score
Ok... I'm thinking of getting 6 of these. 3 for each of my 4.5 x 4.5 x 7 tents.

Thoughts? (I've already hit up PJ, but would like to have a thread for thoughts)

I would like to purchase asap. :)

http://platinumgrowlights.com/products/p300

I think 3 of these would be amazing. I'm assuming this is a top brand? I don't know, I'm nearly clueless, but I know I want to give it a shot. It gets very very hot up there in the summer, and I can not do A/C. Also, I think the LED's are getting really advanced and I like that. And finally, doesn't my fire danger go down like .. 90% or more?

I have a few more thoughts, but I'll just put this out there for now. :D

This thread is kind of irrelevant now.
I just dropped $2,400 into buying two Kind K5 XL750's. One for each tent.

BOOM.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/K5-XL750-amazon-included-purchase/dp/B00SAGVTMY/ref=sr_1_3?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1425760722&sr=1-3&keywords=K5+XL750[/ame]

My store beat amazon's price. $1,200 even, plus shipping. So saved, and helped the home teams business hah :)

...also, I ment to put this in "Lights" forum.. man I fail :(

Congrats Fang, looks like a nice light, a little pricy for me but if ya have the money spend it. I don't know if one light will do in a tent that large, it is a rectangular light so you may not have even coverage. Maybe two in one tent that large. Just a thought.

Congrats! And holy **** on the money. But congrats!

It's supposed to be sufficient for my space. If it ends up not being so, I will add on some Plantinum / Mars / whatever is "good cheap" to the ends or something .. but overall, I'm super happy with the technology in here. Can't wait to give it a try.

Very very curious what everyone thinks of them.

*Paging PJ*

@MR1: It's 23" x 17" x 3.5"... so not really rectangular, but not square either. Closer to square it seems.

Some really nifty sounding features on these lights, but I'm such an LED noob. Can't wait to see what happens here.

Sounds good Fang, welcome to the led world.:fly:

Yea I just got the kind 300 im waiting on it now...got 1 advanced platnium 300

It's supposed to be sufficient for my space. If it ends up not being so, I will add on some Plantinum / Mars / whatever is "good cheap" to the ends or something .. but overall, I'm super happy with the technology in here. Can't wait to give it a try.

Very very curious what everyone thinks of them.

*Paging PJ*

@MR1: It's 23" x 17" x 3.5"... so not really rectangular, but not square either. Closer to square it seems.

Some really nifty sounding features on these lights, but I'm such an LED noob. Can't wait to see what happens here.

Honestly, if I had any idea you were in to spending that much, Kind would have been one of the last lights on my radar.

I have not used one, so I can't speak on how effective they are. I can tell you that they have a crap load of features ya just don't need and are about twice the cost they should be for the wattage they are.

I seriously have my doubts one light will cover tents that size, and unless you have a a perfect canopy, you've left yourself zero adjust ability.

If you don't have a consumption meter, I'd get yourself one so you know exactly what they draw as well.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Ensupra-PM002-Electricity-Monitor-Graphic/dp/B00N2TA6Z0/ref=sr_1_3?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1425780955&sr=1-3&keywords=power+meter+outlet[/ame]

Good lord, that's more than twice I have paid for any LED light ever!

Congrats to their sales department.

Gotcha another....

I put a deposit in to my hydro store, but have until Monday to entirely sort out my order. They also sell California Lightworks

Also, will buy that meter tomorrow, thanks PJ! :)

Any and all other thoughts.. I'm all ears.

List some brands if you would and requirements for my space PJ. Would appreciate it. Even if I do end up with the Kind lights, I still will listen and pay attention to what you're saying.

They also sell California Lightworks
Good lord no. Their sales rep at the grow show in Boston wanted my info so he could buy my light design.

Have you seen any grows from kind lights? How bout CLW lights? So far all I see you looking at are fancy names with lots of advertising.

If your down to spend that kind of coin, go with a Lumigrow Pro 650 or the NeoSol DS Horticulture LED light. I still feel both of these lights are a little small for that tent as well.

If it were me I'd go with 4 smaller fixtures in each tent and call it a day. Way more flexibility that way and your for sure to cover the area.

I'd go with something like 8 of the Mars II LED 400W lights at 189 each.

You could buy 8 of those for the cost of one Kind light shipped.

http://www.topledgrowlight.com/mars-ii-led-grow-light-400w.html#.VPu8YvnF_mc

$2,031.52 for 8 of those Mars II 400w. You thinking 4 of them for each 4.5 x 4.5? How's your experience with these lights?

What do you think of this? [ame]http://www.amazon.com/MARSHYDRO-Bright-Powerful-Spectrum-Biggest/dp/B00EHD2EU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425784217&sr=8-1&keywords=MARSHYDRO+2pcs+1200w[/ame]

Is that two 1200w Mars lights? Definitely willing to buy another brand, just wanted to get some brand that was considered good, and I'm a noob, so I went toward the flashy bright light. :)

Not a fan of that NeoSol light... not sure why. And yeah, the Lumigrow doesn't seem like it would work for the area. I'd use the Kind over that, just from my noob knowledge hah :D

I just want to get a good light, and get it once. If I had issues, have it be a good company to exchange with.

The 8x Mar's lights is sparking my interest.

So unlike HPS world where 500w+500w < 1000w;
in LED world you can and already do within each fixture "stack": 3+3+3+3+3+3...= 400w=400w = 400w (DRAW not LED rating)

Then its a question of: build / non LED component quality, cooling, light quality (brightness), lifespan and last but NOT least, spectrum.

Keep a quality spectrum and (draw) wattage total (was it 45w/ft2 draw?), and then you can skimp on a few of the other places and save a TON of $$

that is, if I'm tuned in to what PJ's puttn' down
:48:

edit: damn, where'd that hour go?!
I KNOW it's around here somewhere...

If you want my help then please take it. If you want to throw money in the trash, then don't.

You are using the old site. The new site is http://www.mars-hydro.com/led-grow-light/mars-ii-series

Click on the tab to make sure you are on the Mars 400watt, click on More details and buy now. They give discounts the more you buy, so add 8 to your cart and the cost is $1383.92

It does not matter what that other light claims to do, it is not going to cover a 5X5 area because you are in a friggin tent and do not have a 10 foot ceiling. Even canopy or not, LED's do not put off good side distribution so always think in terms of more lights less watts each.

And yeah, the noob is really coming through knocking probably the best two LED's in the market period.

Kind lights, Pfffft. California light works, Pfffft.

Please
:baby:

Damn PJ. Thought you'd drop the knowledge a little bit lighter and with less venom spit at the tail end.

Thanks PJ :aok: Appreciate everything you're saying... minus the whole "rubbing it in" thing that you're doing.

Got ya.. don't buy the Kind lights, they suck and I suck at identifying anything about LED. Notes taken.

Damn PJ. Thought you'd drop the knowledge a little bit lighter and with less venom spit at the tail end.

Thanks PJ :aok: Appreciate everything you're saying... minus the whole "rubbing it in" bull that you're doing.

Got ya.. don't buy the Kind lights, they suck and I suck at identifying anything about LED. Notes taken.
Just giving you a hard time.

Hey, I'm all for a hard time.. just wanted to make sure alls good, and I do humble myself when I speak. I'm not trying to "nay say" anything you say, I am truly showing my respect. I just ask questions is all sir... I do feel really really dumb. :/

Ok, so it sounds like... first thing when the Hydro store opens, is get my $500 deposit back, go to the bank.. deposit some of my cash, then go off of your direction PJ. Just please take it easy, my butt can get hurt a bit. lol

Basically, here it is. I have two 600w hoods in each of my 4.5x4.5's ... I hate sleeping at night thinking of fire... I hate an $800 electric bill... I'd like more light Penetration if possible, which some LED's claim (again I'm clueless)

I just want to take the dive into LED's without any regrets. And that's why I've come to you PJ. The people have spoken, and I believe you're "the LED guy"... 100% appreciate you stepping into my threads, PJ. :aok:

Latest posts

Back