Purified water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't measure TDS and never have,,not for plants or drinking water.. My plants turn out just fine. I check PH. Use tap water that has set for 24 hrs or rain water i gather when possible.
I never drink Tap water,, i drink bottled water such as Figi or Eternal bottled water.
But to each his own. Mother nature grows some bad ass shit and she doesnt use a TDS meter.😁
Not sure how they would do on straight tap water.
I was under the impression that most RO water would be close to zero?
Screenshot_20200718-152723_Gallery.jpgdepends where you start.

Im using a growonix 1000gpd

Last edited:
How what would do on straight up tap water. Weed will grow just fine on tap water as long as it has no chlorine and has been phed. I mean of course they need nutrients and not just plain ole water all the time. I have never used RO water nor worried about tap water. If your tap water is that bad you must live in Flint Michigan.
😂😂😂😂😂
Just messen with ya bro. You have to admit that was funny.😁

Im inclined to agree with you. My signature on another forum is weed mostly grows.

But running a rdwc on 2500 ppm well water straight from the tap would be interesting.

Yep i agree,,that's why its called weed. Of course we can get all scientific and shit but im not growing to please anybody but me and my Wife. Its good enough my friends like it so that's all that counts. I keep shit simple. I grow all kinds of veggies,flowers, and plants. Have cloned so many different plants i cant remember them all. And have always kept it simple. I have pepper plants that are over 3 yrs old and they are all clones from mothers that's over 5 yrs old. I love peppers. My fence is full of plants i cloned. Hell,,they are holding it up it sections.😂😂😂😂

I have been growing with 230ppm tap water since 20 years in recycling hydroponic system, and if I had the chance I would get RO but for personal reasons it is impossible to run it so I have to change my res more often. The main concers for me is the sodium buildup. Sodium builds up fast to levels that plants don't like and does damage. IMO if you have a recycling system, then get RO, if it is run to waste, I don't see the added benefit since most of the ppm is cal-mag and you can adjust that by using ferts designed for hard water.

Latest posts

Back