Purified water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

projectpanda831

Reaction score
RO is a lengthy process and I don't want to use tap water cause it heard it was no good (my tap water is at 270 ppm). Can I use purified water?

That will get expensive, but you could do it. If you were considering that route, maybe buy one jug and test the ppm.

I'd also check into a charcoal filter, not sure if something like a Brita filter would work, but its worth finding out if it would drop the ppm of your tap water. You are right, your water has a very high ppm.

i wouldn't consider 270 ppm as being high.

my well water before ro is around 2300

Trust me, 270ppm is considered high. Your well is off the friggin charts.

I do trust you until you prove me wrong.

i still don't think 270 is high, but that's a subject for a whole different thread.

PPM from the tap is different than the ppm of your nutrient solution. The ppm from your tap water is made up of minerals, mainly calcium carbonate. That is one of the things you want to / need to reduce. Hence, 270ppm from the tap being too high. But I'm not going to do the google work for you. I'll do me, you do you.

Taste+of+Water+with+Different+TDS+Concentrations.jpeg

So your drinking that well water.😜
I drink well water that high all the time, and Look at me nothing wrong here witme

We bought a house where an aerospace factory use to be, they said something about contaminated drinking water , but heck that was 30yrs ago, been drinking from the same well.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Tap water is right at 71ppms but 270 is not very high indeed
Just remember that 270 ppms will give you higher feed salt readings

Do you guys distinguish between drinking water and water for plants? Doesn't seem like it and that seems like where we are in disagreement. But as I post this, I pass you the joint too, so, nothing but good conversation here ;)

Seeing that my Tap water is 71ppm I have a whole house charcoal filter to remove the chlorine lvls
This also knocks my total PPM down also. I never used RO ever

I don't measure TDS and never have,,not for plants or drinking water.. My plants turn out just fine. I check PH. Use tap water that has set for 24 hrs or rain water i gather when possible.
I never drink Tap water,, i drink bottled water such as Figi or Eternal bottled water.
But to each his own. Mother nature grows some bad ass shit and she doesnt use a TDS meter.😁

Do you guys distinguish between drinking water and water for plants? Doesn't seem like it and that seems like where we are in disagreement. But as I post this, I pass you the joint too, so, nothing but good conversation here ;)
My ro drinking water and ro water for my rdwc setup both start around 80 ppm.

Passing the puffco.

I don't measure TDS and never have,,not for plants or drinking water.. My plants turn out just fine. I check PH. Use tap water that has set for 24 hrs or rain water i gather when possible.
I never drink Tap water,, i drink bottled water such as Figi or Eternal bottled water.
But to each his own. Mother nature grows some bad ass shit and she doesnt use a TDS meter.😁
Do you smoke joints?
I am back on the Jays, but the Vape also feels OK with this better weed now

And as for you Roster,,you look like you been drinking from a pond full of radiation. 😁

Latest posts

Back