Purple stems and veins in leaves with purple stripped stalk.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noquiter1

Reaction score
20211130_212547.jpg
IMG_20211130_212421303.jpg
20211130_212547.jpg

Attachments

• 20211130_212525.jpg
    20211130_212525.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211130_212457.jpg
    20211130_212457.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211130_212536.jpg
    20211130_212536.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi Noquiter. It could be a lot of things from ph to deficiency to overfeeding to many other possibilities... It would help if you can explain in general about your setup, what is the medium what are you feeding at what stage in flowering...

I've seen this in a few of my plants before and I've never seen it be a problem. The plants were healthy and great smoke. I truly believe it's strain and pheno related. I also did some research and other growers have experienced the same thing. Even with the same clones from the same mother being grown inside and outside by different growers and the plants did exactly the same with the purple stems and veins.
I wouldn't worry about it. Keep them healthy and rock and roll. Judge the smoke for yourself. I think you will find it's just a Pheno thing.

I've seen this in a few of my plants before and I've never seen it be a problem. The plants were healthy and great smoke. I truly believe it's strain and pheno related. I also did some research and other growers have experienced the same thing. Even with the same clones from the same mother being grown inside and outside by different growers and the plants did exactly the same with the purple stems and veins.
I wouldn't worry about it. Keep them healthy and rock and roll. Judge the smoke for yourself. I think you will find it's just a Pheno thing.
Same here, Mine get that, never worried about it.

Bubba

hungry...seymour.

your gals really need food. the next color past that super light green, is super light brown.

Attachments

• 4-little-shop-of-horrors-feed-me-1.jpg
    4-little-shop-of-horrors-feed-me-1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 5
Maybe the pic, seems a little light green. If so can be nitrogen problem? Either not enough, or what is there is locked out by pH maybe?

Bubba

Absolutely 100% correct Bubba. They do seem light green, so a quick shot of Nitro is right. (although way to late in this plants cycle to help). High P/K for flower High N in Veg. right?

A more detailed analysis would review potential lock out (ph) right again Although a close look at those leaf surfaces show absolutely no indication of any other deficiencies, damage or lock-out.

Minimal change to fix.

Disclaimer: my opinion may be wrong as I am basing it on only a picture with zero other information.

I feed Veg nutrients until approx. day 21 of flower. I see N deficiency, the curled leaves are a sign of overfeeding of probably K, light green color is indicative of this as well but the light may make them look pale as well. Ph is probably an issue as noted above.

Same here. In fact, I haven't had one that didn't.
I stick to indica and indica dominate, maybe it something with indicas?

Bubba

Besides the purple strips showing on stalks, where all the leaflets join to the stem is a purply spot right there also.

Bubba

sorry, the purple could be many things from genetic to temp. I have experienced plants that do that when temps drop and just before watering/feeding. Not something to be concerned with in my experience

Latest posts

Back