Purple tips, is this bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skoomaman

Reaction score
My plant has some unusual looking tips on only a few shoots and I have no idea what this is.
Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this to occur?
I'm growing in Promix BX and using GH nutrients. Also using bat guano, castings, insect frass, humic acid, mollasses for a tea.

first 2 pics are the purple shoots, 3rd one is the same plant but a healthy looking shoot.

123hff (purple).jpg
123hfr (purple).jpg
123hfr (good).jpg

I cant tell from the pics. All i see is some purple. Sorry.

I think you are in fantastic shape, maybe low nighttime temps bringing out some color. Nobody seems to mind pretty nugs

I did a little research and i seen a plant like that with the purple and the curl,, and they said it was from over watering. Do you have good drainage?

The over watering makes sense. I water them on average once every 2 days. Before watering, the soil is still moist.
Not really sure how well this raised bed would drain, I planned on digging a drainage hole off to the side from the bed but haven't yet.
The soil is around 2 ft deep then its clay.
I guess the plan is to chill out with the watering. I will dig that drainage ditch very soon.

Last edited:
Looking purdy to me. I let my plants get pretty dry before watering. When I over water I remember the pants get dark green and wilt a bit.

Yeah,,let them dry out before watering. Thats how they get their oxygen.

Latest posts

Back