push or pull?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindseyf

Reaction score
hellllllo everyone! im in need of your help once again... bringing in intake from under the house... should i have the fan under the house pushing the air up or do i put the fan upstairs and pull the air up? i look forward to your feedbavk.... thanks a million

You want to pull air. But the exhaust doesn't necessarily have to go up. My fan is in my crawl space. Where are you planning on exhausting?

If possible you will want a passive intake and an active exhaust, if your pumping air out of the room at the correct rate a passive intake is all you need.

But yeah i always pull air.

ill have the exhaust going into the attic and out the vent

problem: there will be about 35 to 40 feet of ducting from the basement to the second story

What i mean is, if you exhaust your air you dont need to have a fan on the intake, just an opening of the appropriate size.

I pulled a hair out me ear so big once I used it to make leader fur muskey fishin. Umm hello? Oh wrong thread be mighty sorry folk. Wrong fireside but thisin here be mighty warm fire sorry steppin to the shadow night night

BWD

Heat rises so it's best to pull from up high.

:D

lindseyf said:
problem: there will be about 35 to 40 feet of ducting from the basement to the second story

Why do you have to go to the second story? A 35-40' ducting run is a long run. Can't you exhaust out of the basement somewhere?

:yeahthat:

But if I did have to do it I would:

have passive intake to room for the intake

for exhaust I would have carbon filter>flex duct work>a/c reflectors>flex duct> cent. fan(outside the grow room if possible)>hard sided duct to 2nd floor>(may need a booster fan 1/2 to 2/3 up the run)

As long as the duct is sized correctly, static pressure won't be a problem at that length. Oversize the duct, to manage the length & insulate in unconditioned spaces...or the duct will sweat, leaving water running down the ductwork.

Latest posts

Back