Pushing 40 !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Reaction score
Before I turned 16, I just couldn't wait to drive. I remember feeling so "adult" when I turned 18. 21 was a blur (what I remember) When I hit 25, I remember thinking "wow, I'm a quarter of a century!". By the time 30 rolled around I was in my prime I tell you. Hot guys, fast cars and all kinds of crazy shi*t! At 35 I thought Damn! a third of my life is over realistically. Then 36, then 37 and then 38. Now with 39 right around the corner I find myself looking back at all of the time I've wasted not "doing" anything with my life. With two young children at home and 9 year relationship with a "commitment phobic" boyfriend (god I hate that term) who btw is always working out of town. Two years ago we decided i'd stay home with the kids, at the time I thought I was getting into a pretty good gig. NOT!!!!!! I miss my freedom, I miss my friends and I really miss my IROC!! I miss not being able to hop a midnight flight to Vegas just for shi*ts and grins. But the one thing I find myself missing more than anything else is "adult" conversation. Or any conversation really. I love my two boys to death but keeping up with all of their demands and having no one to help pick up the slack is taking its toll on my spirit and my sanity. So I haven't gone away, I'm just having my yearly nervous breakdown. Who knows.....maybe the best is still yet to come. (When did GDG become so boring? Hell I'm usually the first one naked into the pool. ) Maybe I just need to get laid. Of course thats what tied me down in the first place. WARNING!!! Emotional Female coming at ya'!

GDG maybe should start a fresh crop! i find when im not at work tending to my plants needs and wants really relax's me. I do feel bad though that your Boyfriend works out of town alot and leaves you stuck with the kids!! Its probably hard to toke with little kids around!! any way im rambling, but i know how you feel. But you just have to keep your spirits high, and yourself high!

Well i cant say i know what you mean but i do have older friends that have kind of the same problem, what they do is try to do something with your kids like if you have $$$$( i dont :() you could catch a movie or go to the mall (Arcade)or anything to keep your mind out of that state(toking without the kids notice) i know like Mysterios said toking with kids is not easy,i know you want to be a good parent but the kids r to ignorant to understand what you r going through just drive slow keep in touch with your boyfriend tell him how you feel(if you can) if he has an open mind he will understand what you mean but i really cant say much i hope i helped a little take care GDG and like i said before "drive slow" take things easy on yourself the day will come when you will have the things you need...
PC

all i can say is take it easy and don't take life or yourself too seriously, i'm very nearly at that milestone but i still feel more or less the same as i did 20 years ago. a bit fatter maybe but still up for four pints of snakebite (beer and cider) and a couple of bongs to mellow the evening out.

i worry less and less about the stuff that used to annoy when i was younger, and try to concentrate on enjoying life.

i'll steer away from the macho "you need to get laid" bullshit but the truth is that everyone needs the human touch now and then.

take it easy.

Life is good. That's probably a lame thing to say. But I think it's true. I have no weed. But life is still good. You sound like you had some good times. Hey at least you're not a indentured servant working 14 hours a day cutting down trees in the Amazon! See...that's positive..right?

Sexy mamma if your feelin down gimme a call... I sent you my Cell # didn't i.. or i can call you.... all you have to do is let me know... and cheer up, cos i like it more when your a happy GreeGree and not a sad one :)

pranicfever said:
Sexy mamma if your feelin down gimme a call... I sent you my Cell # didn't i.. or i can call you.... all you have to do is let me know... and cheer up, cos i like it more when your a happy GreeGree and not a sad one :)

With an invite like that no wonder the lady is sad if this is the only attention she get's! :rolleyes:

just think a couple of more years the boys will be gone,and you'll still be a hot 42 year old (shit my wife is 41 and i still think shes hot)cheer up ,you have your whole life a head of you,,your just having a shitty day,this too will past ,,,BE WELL,RASTA

Hey Natural.. i'm not sure but that seemed kinda offensive in the fact that attention that greenday gets from me.. is kinda corny. However She loves the attetion she gets from me... Which btw Gree, i'm thinkin of takin you up on the offer and commin on out there... we can chill and whatever... Thinkin about it i really am... So anyway back to my comment for natural.... Unless you really know Greendaygirl, you don't know why she's so lonely... and i think a lil attetion from me doesn't make her sad... so with that said.. Imma get my walk on..

Corny as Kansas in August so it's said, and tis the season when, a young mans fancy turns, well won't get into that, I just here to entertain the troops, if my post don't entertain well thats just the reason I'm not up there with robin williams, Bobcat (before he got his head examined), and other human comedians, but I'm really not too bad for an Orang!

From one girl that has been where you are to another on her way(I am pushing late 40s). Don't worry we are growing and learning and experiencing and enjoying. Right now in your life is where you are, if it needs to change you will know it, we all know when change is due. You sound like you are a wonderful woman, so remember that we are hard to come by, the rest of the women are refusing to grow up and accept responsibility (raising kids) and taking care of what needs to be taken care of. All of the responses tells me you are loved girl, so keep it up...

Since we're one bettering My lady is 57 been married 40 yrs. still rubs my fur the right way, life is just a series of plateus, just about the time you get used to one you get shoved to the next!

naturalhi said:
Since we're one bettering My lady is 57 been married 40 yrs. still rubs my fur the right way, life is just a series of plateus, just about the time you get used to one you get shoved to the next!

Hear Hear!!!!:cool:

Latest posts

Back