putting cuttings into cups of water for sexing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leelow

Reaction score
hey stoney, i was very intrigued by something you wrote in one of your blogs about taking a cutting of a muture seedling, and putting it in water for 10 days or so on a 12 hour light cylce and they will show their sex. sounds great. is this all their is to this.

Also i have two strong mothers that are lst so i have many potential main growths(baby cola sites) and not may lower side branches due to the nature of lst. should i use the green tops for my cloneing( for usually im using the green shoots from the bottom of veging plants

one more thing people say to cut nitrogen before taking clone cuts, can i feed them low nitrogen bloom ferts?

U basically have it man... make sure the plant you are cutting from is in good health and is watered.
Faster rooting can be had by feeding very very very very light flowering nutes... or with a good rooting compound or b1 vitamin

leelow said:
hey stoney, i was very intrigued by something you wrote in one of your blogs about taking a cutting of a muture seedling, and putting it in water for 10 days or so on a 12 hour light cylce and they will show their sex. sounds great. is this all their is to this.

Also i have two strong mothers that are lst so i have many potential main growths(baby cola sites) and not may lower side branches due to the nature of lst. should i use the green tops for my cloneing( for usually im using the green shoots from the bottom of veging plants

one more thing people say to cut nitrogen before taking clone cuts, can i feed them low nitrogen bloom ferts?
Yes, that is all there is to it. You do however, have to put them in a strict 10/14 lighting cycle.

A single top from each plant is what you should use. The tops are more robust and also have hormones in them that help with the fast flowering. You can use the side growth for cuttings that you intend to root. That makes no difference.

No, I would not give them any sort of ferts at all. Just plain water, or as Kade suggests, a good quality rooting hormone, properly mixed. However, if all you are doing is sexing the cuttings, then no rooting hormones. You want the cuttings to grow flowers, not roots.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back