puzzeled by yellow leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it thanks. I will be getting some clones and will give it another try. Basically trying to grow so that I can make RSO. Best stuff I've used for chemo and the after effects but too costly. I appreciate the help you've provided as it makes sense of how to reach higher levels of ppm. I measure the ppms before adding any PH up or dwn as I noticed it changes the ppm/ec reading. Will be in touch. Semper Fi?

I am happy to help. If you want advice on the hydro setup that I do just PM me and I will explain it. There's no links to any charts on how much nutes different plant strains can handle. The best way to do that is to begin with light amounts while in early veg and gradually increase each week as the plants grow and progress. You will continue to increase to a point during veg then level off. Iff the plants begin to show deep green color with leaf curl like "clawing" shape and/or leaf tips begin to burn, then just back off to the previous level of nutes and the over-nute symptoms will subside.

If you have a TDS meter, it makes doing this much easier as you can measure the nutes and go by a set program of starting out at about 300ppm and increase by about 100-150ppm each week until you get to 650-800ppm. typically the Indica dominant plants will take 800-900ppm while the more Sativa dominant will like less, around 600-800ppm. That is not a "dead set" number for them though as there are so many variations. I usually will increase to around 650ppm then begin watching the plants very closely for their growth so that I can stop increasing before getting to the max level. I do this because maxing out the nutrients during veg will cause the plants to grow wildly and you will just end up having to trim them back more. Once they go into flower, I begin increasing the nutrients again and continue increasing the "bloom" nutes while cutting back the "grow" nutes. I shoot for getting to around 1200-1300ppm on most of my hybrid plants that are 50/50 sat/ind but I continue to watch for any signs of over-nute.

I hope this helps. :)

yea he looks to be in if not close too a full lockout.....flush, and then come back with 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes if you don't have a TDS meter.

Got it thanks. I will be getting some clones and will give it another try. Basically trying to grow so that I can make RSO. Best stuff I've used for chemo and the after effects but too costly. I appreciate the help you've provided as it makes sense of how to reach higher levels of ppm. I measure the ppms before adding any PH up or dwn as I noticed it changes the ppm/ec reading. Will be in touch. Semper Fi?
I also measure the ppm before adjusting the pH as it adds to the ppm but doesn't affect the plants much outside of adjusting the pH. It is also good to check the ppm of your source water to make sure you don't have too much off some elements. Especially with well water, you can get a lot of heavy minerals like calcium, iron, or sulfur. And they can cause you to have lock-out or toxicity over time.

When you get your rooted clones, start your feeding at about 300ppm and give them a week to see how they like it. Then if they respond well, which they should, then raise it to about 400ppm, and give them a week, continue doing this until you get up to about 600-700ppm(if they are Sativa dominant, 800-900 if they are Indica dominant) then hold at that point until you go to fflower. Grow Mojo Warrior Grower :)

Latest posts

Back