PVC PIPE Dangers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaLiO

Reaction score
I have always stayed away from pvc pipe in my grow area do to intially reading about the issues with poisonous gas being released which can be harmful to plants. I have googled as much info. on the topic as I can and have seen many greenhouses constructed with pvc, so I decided to construct a scrog frame out of pvc pipe. Do you all think this is safe or should I get rid of the pvc?

There are certain toxins that can be released from certain plastics but I do not think that PVC is one of them. I do hydro and I try to make sure that any tubing I use is safe for drinking water.

Shouldn't be any problem. Just don't use pvc on any butane hash extractions and you'll be fine.

7greeneyes said:
Shouldn't be any problem. Just don't use pvc on any butane hash extractions and you'll be fine.

:yeahthat:

7 has it right IMO.....

Thanks a lot for the info all, especially considering the simplicity of working with pvc. I now plan on building a small veg. tent using pvc and panda film.

7greeneyes said:

Yea I can imagine heat and plastic never being a good mix. Wasn't even aware of that method of making hash until now lol. Thanks again

PVC pipe is approved for potable water. I do not believe that you will have any problems with PVC water line.

@ Calico, Your rank or whatever says your "Tent Growers Extraodinare".

Q: What do you think they make tents out of?

A: Composite fabrics; most likely impregnated with PVC

Ginagin said:
@ Calico, Your rank or whatever says your "Tent Growers Extraodinare".

Q: What do you think they make tents out of?

A: Oxford Cloth outside and Mylar inside.

This question was brought on from issue's that were going on when I began growing with the HydroHut's. I have been doing a lot of research on the topic and it seems the problems that I am referring to have been addressed.
This article sums it up . . . hxxp://www.hydrohuts.com/news.html

CaLiO said:
This question was brought on from issue that were going on when I began growing with the HydroHut's. I have been doing a lot of research on the topic and it seems the problems that I am referring to have been addressed.
This article sums it up . . . hxxp://www.hydrohuts.com/news.html

WHAMMY! ^ there ya go.

I have used a system that I designed that has emitters drip into buckets that sit on a plywood frame with the pvc return pipes attached under the plywood. I never have had a problem with the pvc in anywy. They make a easy and cheap way to return nutients to the main tank after the excess flows out of the plant buckets bottom opening that fits into the underneath pvc pipe.

I used PVC and black/white poly film. 4x3x5 was 40$ to build and wrap..

Latest posts

Back