Pyrethrum pest control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonduck76

Reaction score
Hey peeps, quick question. I have had my most success using pyrethrum foggers so far however i still have lingering mite problems but nowhere close to the problems i had before finding pyrethrum foggers. Any suggestions or advise for killing off my problem completely? Appreciate the time!

Mites?? Floromite or forbid will take care of them. Out of the millionf of spidermites you have had, a few of them are immune to pyrethrum. These few breed more "immune" mites and pretty soon your pyrethrum isn't as effective.

I would hit them with 3 different "kill" methods, each 5 days apart. Neem oil, 50/50 iso/water, sevin, insecticidal soap, are a few you can use. I also like the "green light" fruit tree spray from HD, it's extract of neem with pyrethrin in it. good luck.

I have used Azamax to get rid of thrips which are in the mite group. It seems to work pretty good as it gets into the plant and affects the chewers in several ways, and it breaks down in the plant after a couple weeks and is not supposed to leave chemical residue within or on the plant. :)

What they said. You need to use multiple products and rotate them. If you are in a free state then floramite or forbid are said to be good although I wouldn't know because they are illegal in Ca. I use a combination of pyretherin foggers, Neem Oil, and Azamax. Used preemptively, I treat every 2-3 weeks regardless, they have kept the bugs and mites under control for me.

I have never had real good luck with pyretherin, neem oil or azamax. If you want to get serious with your mites, you need a strong miticide like Forbid or Floramite. Available on E-bay. It only takes a tiny amount of either of these products. READ THE DIRECTIONS and follow them when using products like these.

I personally believe it is a mistake to use preemptive products. I do not treat my plants unless I see signs of mites.

thanks for the advice everyone, much appreciated. how bout the doseage and frequency of the floramite/forbid? start/stop?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have never had real good luck with pyretherin, neem oil or azamax. If you want to get serious with your mites, you need a strong miticide like Forbid or Floramite. Available on E-bay. It only takes a tiny amount of either of these products. READ THE DIRECTIONS and follow them when using products like these.

I personally believe it is a mistake to use preemptive products. I do not treat my plants unless I see signs of mites.

Got me curious THG, why wouldn't you want to spray as a preventitive measure?
I use Floramite everytime as a preventitive, and my herb is tested specifically for pesticides, and not once has it shown up in the tests.
Mind you, I only spray up to the point of flip to 12/12. From what I have read, it is only effective for 30-40 days, shorter then the grow time of most strains.

Or are you worried about making mites "immune" to the products?

Yes, immunity to the miticide is my biggest concern. I get mites occassionally and want to make sure that my miticide is going to take care of them when I get them. I live in the mountains, have 3 dogs and often wander through flora and fauna and get them infrequently...I just feel like routine spraying with no signs of mites is not a good idea.

I don't worry about residual pesticides on the bud. I will even spray a week or two into 12/12. LOL--I'm not even sure that smoking the floramite is worse than smoking spider mites.

OREGONDUCK--Anytime you are using a strong miticide, read and follow the directions.

thx goddess, great advice. i only use the foggers when there are an abundance of mites, however the problem was 80% killed using the pyrethrum, now got to kill off remaining 20%. im at sea level, lol!

oregonduck76 said:
thx goddess, great advice. i only use the foggers when there are an abundance of mites, however the problem was 80% killed using the pyrethrum, now got to kill off remaining 20%. im at sea level, lol!

....and that is the problem. Only killing off 80% of the mites is not good. As Budders mentioned, you now have mites immune to pyrethrum breeding more mites immune to pyrethrum. I hit them hard and fast with a serious miticide and only use it when I need it. I have both Forbid and Floramite.

oregonduck76 said:

the 20 % are the strongest and the most resistant. Use something else and clean up after really well.
I hate um. Duh, we all hate um.

Latest posts

Back