Q about a female that has been seeded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi dc

Reaction score
I have a female ak-48, and i let her get fully pollonated by a male power plant. my question is does a seeded plant die after she has produced mature seeds? the seeds have started to fall off of the plant but, "Kelly" is only 5 weeks old and she looks sick.
please help:confused:
thanks your bro from another mo
yogi dc

I'm not sure what to say bro, Your mom should finish out? 5 weeks flowering? Hmm she wouldnt be done then? Pics would prolly help but my beans dont usually fall off the plant I pick the seeded bud when she is done flowering so I'm a lil confused? I want to help? 55

:( here are some pic of her. i think that she is almost dead i may just cut her out. At least i got some seeds out of her just hope they geminate. i have also added some pics of my purple power plant and Cosmic lights.

also, how do i get out the salt build up in my res and on the bottom stem?

HPIM1822.JPG

HPIM1820.JPG

HPIM1821.JPG

HPIM1823_edited.JPG

HPIM1823.JPG

HPIM1806a.JPG

HPIM1806.JPG

the first row is the now dead ak-48
the scound row is purple power
last row if cosmic lights

wOw yogi..that AK fell out quick. I'm not sure...(hydro??) sorry. But she should have went a few more weeks for sure.
I've had seeds ripen and fall out of the calyx's before, but only after they have been pollinated/forming seeds for 7 weeks or more.
Are the seeds mature?..

Sorry bro but I don't know hydro but my guess is it wasnt your plant as much as the system? Hope you find the help your looking for! 55

Hey yogi i think the plant dieing might not have had anything to do with being seeded im thinking that plant might have died when it did even if it had not ben seeded. Im leaning tward root rot or something like that that killed you plant. Usually a seeded plant will lose its fan leaves to yellowing yours look like its not getting water to the leaves because of the root problem. Just a guess but save the seeds and try again. slim.

thanks for all the help everyone but why did it not affect the other plant. they were in the same system. the other one is not showing any signs of root rot or any other problems. she did not eather: just one day she looked like sh#t.

Classic nute lock-out. That plant is probably just more sensitive to nutes than the others are.
As for the salt build up, flush! Rinse/wash all salt back to ressy, then dump the ressy and start fresh.
Hope that helps ya.

Thank you for the help i just hope to get some of the seed to germinate.
i have not had any go yet but i am told that i have to let them dry for about a month.

yogi dc said:
Thank you for the help i just hope to get some of the seed to germinate.
i have not had any go yet but i am told that i have to let them dry for about a month.

Not necessary to cure seeds...I have even heard of them germing on the plant. I have germed them myself after removing from a live plant...the seeds only need 2-4 weeks to be viable (strain-dependant).

Good luck

Latest posts

Back