??q??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st3mc3ll

Reaction score
I am a newb and I skimmed the grow guide. (very helpful btw)
But I need a tip from some of the masters....
Im startin some plants up with a decent setup, and I was wondering if there was a way to find out what sex the plant was before you grow for 2 weeks. Thing is I pay the electric bill, and I would rather not waste that time and money on a bunch of sausuage plants.

Thanks yall.

st3mc3ll said:
I was wondering if there was a way to find out what sex the plant was before you grow for 2 weeks.

nope... unless you have femitized seeds :confused:

Two weeks won't show you anyway. It can take some time before you see pre-flowers and the likes. The best you can go for is to take a clone from each once they are big enough and switch it to 12/12, this will show you the sex after a little while.

I dont think there is a way to determine that early, might as well try running it for another 2 weeks to make sure you don't pull the males out, think of it as in investment, if one of them is a female, you would be saving money then paying your lousy drug dealer or half quarter each week LOL... I think when I worked it out 400watts of light per day 24 hours on, works out to about $1.00/day in hydro.. and im using 8 four foot fluros and 4 - two foot fluros. I dont think it matters what light you use, 400watts is 400watts of energy used. Its when you start getting into dozens and dozens of plants is a problem for hydro as well as it could alarm some bells at your hydro office...

if you really wanna be sure to not waste time on males....the best way is to get a good mom and just clone her. that way, as long so you dont stress them too much, youll get all females. usually takes about 6 weeks from seed before you see preflowers....unless you force flower, which i think is where your 2 weeks thing comes into play....

Thanks for the help yall.

Guess Ill just have to stick it out,
its cool though, I have a ton of sprouting seeds so Im sure some of em gotta be female.

danke

Latest posts

Back