question about 150hps??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufindo

weedaholic
Reaction score
do yall think that a 150 watt hps would be sufficient enough for 4 ice plants? you see, the hydro setup i have has 4 baskets with a 450 watt flo. hanging over them. this is the first time i grow 4 plants and i seriously dont think the flo will be enough. but will the 150hps be enough, or do i need more than that for 4 plants.

pufindo said:
do yall think that a 150 watt hps would be sufficient enough for 4 ice plants? you see, the hydro setup i have has 4 baskets with a 450 watt flo. hanging over them. this is the first time i grow 4 plants and i seriously dont think the flo will be enough. but will the 150hps be enough, or do i need more than that for 4 plants.
Whats up pufindo. You need to have no less than 3,000 lumens per square foot but 5,000 lumens would be better. How big is your grow room?

not very big. like 2.5' x 4'. i dont know how many lumens i have. i just knowwhat kind of light.

Pretty sure they would grow... but pretty sure it isn't enough for any good growth... i'd say one would be the most you would want to have under the light.

Any chance you can run both the 150HPS and the 450 cfl?

The more light the better!!! I use a 400w HPS with four plants of decent size.

Hi pufindo,
You need bout 25,000 lux to 50,000 lux for good growth , your 150 watters are only gonna show bout 15,000 each if there fairly newish, my advice would be to use both or swap them for a 400, I grow 4/6 plants I use a 400w in 1m sq which gives me around 40,000 18 inch from bulb to bud, Basically the closer you get to 50,000 the better.
This link should help with your clacs.....

my northernIce & dankseed grow i got going now is 3sq/ft with 1-150w hps.. there is 8 females in soil flowering and they are growing dank as hell!!

v-checkitbelow

YUP!!! my very first two grows were with a 150!!!! they grew great!!!! just keep the light close and as cool as possible. i only grew two plants about a foot in height but if you keep them as short and bushy as possible they should turn out nicely!

I know a guy that did four two gallon pots with a 250 MH and and 22watt flourescent tube as a back up. Mylar every side.

Depends on how big your plants are but it still may work. 150's are good for 2ft x 2ft but I think its more like 1.5 x 1.5. I had 4 small plants under mine there in gallon pots.

I have found recently that NO more than 2 plants would give sufficient nuggs with only a 150 hps. That's what I've been using. I have it on one now with supplemental cfl lighting, and I wish I had more light for this ONE plant. If the unlikely occurence happens and more than 2 of the four plants you want to flower under it are female then get a bigger light. IMHO, you'll get 2 females and you can easily manage 2 big indica plants with it. I'd keep that cfl going too.

A 150W puts out about 15000 lumens, so you have enough light for about 3 sq ft. A 10 sq ft area should have about 3 times the lumens you are talking about. A 400W (about 55000 lumens) would probably be a good choice for that space.

Latest posts

Back