question about a setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba902

Reaction score
Could a 400w hps flower 4 medium sized heavy yielders in a 1.75ftx4

No intake but an exhaust 6in 240cfm sucking out the top of the closet..

Air can suck into it from the pull of the exhaust..
Two Afghan haze and two aroma from ch9.

What do...and how will ya control the Smell??/

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Unless you got a good size crack under the door you will need an intake. No intake = no exhaust. Plus the intake brings in much needed co2. Also what 4u asked, what about the smell?

By the amount of cfm's your fan displays makes it sounds like it is a booster fan. These fans do not work as they are meant to boast air that is already moving, does not have the pull to get it moving well. And they will not work on carbon filters because of their lack of pulling power.

Okay good point guys!,

I could always just veg in it..

Im not worried of smell. Neighbors moved out..

You always need to worry about smell--you never know who may come knocking at your door. However, if you create negative pressure in your space, it contains the smell and takes it out with the exhaust. When we say you need an intake, we do not mean an active intake. You can simply have some holes where the air can come in, drawn by the pulling of an exhaust fan. Remember that good exhaust is not just for keeping a space cool. As pcduck mentioned, you need to exchange the air so your plants have enough fresh air for proper photosynthesis.

Also, I wouldn't put more than 3 plants into that space, unless you planned on keeping them small.

Thanks everyone. I have to spread more before rep :(.

Here are a couple pics of the fan.. And a hard to.see pic of the closet space..

Also I provided a pic of the ona I use, along with how well one of the little fans suck my tent in lol.
You all are life savers.
thanks again

2012-02-16 10.19.51.jpg

2012-02-16 10.19.38.jpg

2012-02-16 10.17.18.jpg

2012-02-16 10.18.24.jpg

2012-02-16 10.16.09.jpg

bubba902 said:
Could a 400w hps flower 4 medium sized heavy yielders in a 1.75ftx4

No intake but an exhaust 6in 240cfm sucking out the top of the closet..

Air can suck into it from the pull of the exhaust..
Two Afghan haze and two aroma from ch9.

I think they could but I wouldnt top or train, just remove lower branches when they start to jungle out.

Hmm.. what could I cover with a 600+400w hps

looks good bubba...your well on your way...take care and be safe

Latest posts

Back