question about beneficial bacteria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I did a hydro grow in a single bubble bucket once before that came out very well and I was going to try again but I've been reading about the development of beneficial bacteria and it seems at odds with what I did before.
My habit before was that I changed the nute bucket every week and started with a fresh bucket. During the week I merely read the ongoing Ph and topped up the bucket with the correct Ph water to keep it in line.
It used to range from 5.5 to 6.5 and down to 4.9 during the week, and then I changed the bucket to start again about 5.6.
Since each time I changed buckets I was starting out with a clean system and fresh nutes, I wonder if I was affecting the development of beneficial bacteria, and whether I should do things differently this time. I never had any rootball or leaf problems during that grow, but maybe I was just lucky.
Here's a shot of the last grow.
hydro-roots.jpg

I would do it just like you did again LOL
Looks Great , did you harvest yet does not look ready yet.
Blue Dream , Blue something ................... Nice Job

Looks great. You are dialed in. I used beneficial bacteria. OG Biowar. Love the stuff. Keeps the plant healthy, lush and green. Instructions says it helps prevent PM and Mold as well. I have no Idea how it works in hydro though.....

I would do it just like you did again LOL
Looks Great , did you harvest yet does not look ready yet.
Blue Dream , Blue something ................... Nice Job
Thanks. That was 5 years ago. It was northern lights. It yielded about 200g of dried buds.

I just want to understand about beneficial bacteria and if changing nute buckets every week tends to work against developing a good level of beneficial bacteria.
Maybe they cling to the roots instead of being removed in the nute bucket or water?
I always cleaned the buckets each week before refilling them with fresh water and nutes.

Latest posts

Back