Question about bubble hash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the small RV washer he used. I never have enough trim to justify a large washer dedicated to hash making (you would want a new washer that did not have soap, softener, and other residues built up in the drum, pump, and other workings of the washer). However the small washer, which appears to have a gravity drain and no pump looks great for 5 gal size runs. I haven't watched the second video yet, but will do.

Thanks for the link.

I am looking at these....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300680361287?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manatee-Por...85685?pt=Washing_Machines&hash=item35ca543fd5

I am definitely thinking towards this.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220-micron-...9805995?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item3cd1e9eb2b

It's a 220 micron zipper bag. I'm sure the pot gets a better wash out of the bag but I can see this preventing all kinds of clogs and cleanup.

Here is a washing machine sold just for extraction. It seems just like the other ones on a little more money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bubble-Magi...2577706?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item3ce22c15aa

Right now, I am leaning toward the first one. And, a 220u bag.

I really like the small RV washer he used. I never have enough trim to justify a large washer dedicated to hash making (you would want a new washer that did not have soap, softener, and other residues built up in the drum, pump, and other workings of the washer). However the small washer, which appears to have a gravity drain and no pump looks great for 5 gal size runs. I haven't watched the second video yet, but will do.

Thanks for the link.

nay sayers----booooo---a dedicated new washer is nice---but the re-purposed craigs list $50 special is even better---aint no thang to clean thg---full size washer also uses gravity to get water from the 3 trash cans to the tote---pump is only used to recirculate the wash water

in fact u can buy frenchys machine is sold at hydro shops and is also designed to bag the trim so as not to clog it up like he did in the video---he could have run more material if he bagged it before putting it in the machine

if u only gonna run 5 gal buckets---why not just use a paddle on a drill to agitate and use the full 5 to 7 bag recovery---instead of buying the mini washer---with only 2 bags frenchy is not getting a variety in his hash and failing to fully recover as different strains have different sizes of trichomes

that said---when u done making hash---u can also get one more purge from the spent trim by making butter for edibles

Just bought this one....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231027785685?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

He includes a free 220u zipper bag if you ask him. It was $20 more than the Panda I was looking at but this guy included the bag and the Panda seller wanted an extra $20 for the bag so it all "comes out in the wash". :rofl:

Should be here in a few days, although, I won't have anything to put into it for a couple weeks.

Found this one as well
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Basecamp-Heater-Single-Washing-Machine/dp/B007PAPD50/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1406662723&sr=8-12&keywords=mini+rv+washing+machine[/ame]

I fail to see how my post was a boo naysayer downer post. I love the idea. But regardless, old regular washers are filthy and there are a lot of places with soap scum, hard water, and softener products built up. I have changed out enough water valves and pumps on old washers that I personally do not want to buy a used washer from some anonymous person on Craig's list to make hash. To each their own,

I have sever arthritis in my hands. It is getting so that holding a drill with a paddle bit and trying to control the speed and mixing for 20 minutes or so is quite painful.

I used to use multiple bags and grade my hash, but after a while, I decided that is a PITA so I do more like Frenchy with just a couple of bags. My hash is for my and my friends enjoyment only, so I found the grading a little pretentious and not necessary, besides being a PITA for smaller runs.

Hackerman, let us know how you like the little washer. I noticed that the mini washers on e-bay are not $50 like Frenchy mentioned on his video, but getting up closer to $75-85. I also noticed that the guy that makes the original bubble bags is selling the basic same thing as Frenchy for $229. Makes me kind of think that he is a scammer.....I could never figure out why his bubble bags were so much more than other peoples?

so sorry i got my panties in a twist thg---seems i may have over reacted a bit when this thread took a turn talking about a rv size washing machine to use with 5 gal bags

lyfspan has 5-6 pounds of trim to process and frenchys little washer aint gonna cut the mustard

guess the best we can take from this is---washing machines work great for processing hash---peace

:afroweed:

so sorry i got my panties in a twist thg---seems i may have over reacted a bit when this thread took a turn talking about a rv size washing machine to use with 5 gal bags

lyfspan has 5-6 pounds of trim to process and frenchys little washer aint gonna cut the mustard

guess the best we can take from this is---washing machines work great for processing hash---peace

:afroweed:

I'm going to start with this rv sized machine for now and just process a few batches to perfect my technique, I will be running an 8 bag system.

I'm thinking I will make this system multi tiered, machine up on a platform, with another tier bellow to catch, and filter, and a waste tier.

I did like the buckets with the bottoms cut off, I will be ripping that off for sure. Maybe just figure out how to build a stackable design along with a small vibratory plate to keep everything moving and down at the bottom of the bags.

I will be keeping all design ideas towards a load and go system, meaning load it and walk away, I will eventually cannibalize a full sized masher and build my own so the timer will release ice from an ice machine on one of the settings, and so I can seal up any areas I don't want my trichs. I will also be swapping out all the hoses for ones more conducive, no ribbed hoses. I'm also thinking of some sort of cartridge filter that collects the trichs, in its many different sizes.

Now for a questions, can I use my waste water in a recirc fashion to wash another batch, or is fresh water necessary every load? Also where can I get RO filtered ice? Does ph affect this operation in any way? Should I cure the popcorn buds and larf? Do I chop them smaller or just toss in? Because some of the nugs are about a gram or larger.

imo recirculated closed recovery water is the way to roll

make ice hooked up to an r/o filter---bit overkill imo---ice makers are pricey---smaller pieces from a bar are preferable as they have more surfaces for colder water

do not believe ph to be a factor---taste of the water prolly so

preferable to work with dried material---frozen becomes mute because the material warms up before you have time to prepare the load of wash---tichomes will be falling on the laundry table while loading your paint strainer bags

larger nugs get broken down so as all material is the consistency of trim

imo recirculated closed recovery water is the way to roll

make ice hooked up to an r/o filter---bit overkill imo---ice makers are pricey---smaller pieces from a bar are preferable as they have more surfaces for colder water

do not believe ph to be a factor---taste of the water prolly so

preferable to work with dried material---frozen becomes mute because the material warms up before you have time to prepare the load of wash---tichomes will be falling on the laundry table while loading your paint strainer bags

larger nugs get broken down so as all material is the consistency of trim
On the ph I was more thinking about the release of the trichs from the leaf material, while not breaking the cellular structure of the leaf material, we don't want green tinted hash

On the ph I was more thinking about the release of the trichs from the leaf material, while not breaking the cellular structure of the leaf material, we don't want green tinted hash

only time i see tinted green hash is when the same material gets over washed--do not believe the ph had any thing to do with it---likely breaking the cell structure as u mention from too much agitation---4 washes of the same material at 10-15 minute intervals seem to be the magic # before this begins to happen

as a last purge from ur trim in the paint strainer bags---u might consider drying it or straight into use to make edibles/butter as there are still many pesky trichomes that continue to cling---kinda like those party guests that never know when it's time to leave---get them with heat exposure

only time i see tinted green hash is when the same material gets over washed--do not believe the ph had any thing to do with it---likely breaking the cell structure as u mention from too much agitation---4 washes of the same material at 10-15 minute intervals seem to be the magic # before this begins to happen

as a last purge from ur trim in the paint strainer bags---u might consider drying it or straight into use to make edibles/butter as there are still many pesky trichomes that continue to cling---kinda like those party guests that never know when it's time to leave---get them with heat exposure

Can I save the last run material, to run for edibles at a later date? I have yet to research doing extraction for edibles, but it's on my list, might as well start a thread on the too. Edibles make the day a lot better.

Can I save the last run material, to run for edibles at a later date? I have yet to research doing extraction for edibles, but it's on my list, might as well start a thread on the too. Edibles make the day a lot better.

exactly---be sure it is thoroughly dried before bagging it up as it will mold---i recommend if u cannot immediately use it---spreading it on a screen atop a tote and outdoors---washed trim smells disgusting

Yea I really liked how he pressed it too been wanting to try it just haven't. I love frenchy period he seems to be one of those guys that is just happy all the time.

Weed nerd forever!!

Got mine, today. Pretty quick ship and delivery.

It's killing me that I don't have anything to put in it. LMAO. Tomorrow, when the lights go on, I am going to go in and cut a bunch of lower buds and branches. It's kind of an "early prune" that I often do anyway so I am not too out of line with my regular schedule. LOL

I can see, the first thing I am going to do is get rid of the corrugated output hose. That's going to trap a lot of hash, otherwise. I may put a valve and a connector on it. I have not taken it apart yet to see what I have to deal with.

I need to setup my bubble bags and buckets. I think I will just use the 100u to strain any plant matter and then go right to the 22u screen and just have 1 grade. I won't have much weed to experiment with anyways, so there's no need to use 3 or 4 different sizes until I get a feel for how well this all works.

Pretty neat. New toy. Can't wait to play.

It's killing me that I don't have anything to put in it. LMAO. Tomorrow, when the lights go on, I am going to go in and cut a bunch of lower buds and branches. It's kind of an "early prune" that I often do anyway so I am not too out of line with my regular schedule. LOL

I can see, the first thing I am going to do is get rid of the corrugated output hose. That's going to trap a lot of hash, otherwise. I may put a valve and a connector on it. I have not taken it apart yet to see what I have to deal with.

I need to setup my bubble bags and buckets. I think I will just use the 100u to strain any plant matter and then go right to the 22u screen and just have 1 grade. I won't have much weed to experiment with anyways, so there's no need to use 3 or 4 different sizes until I get a feel for how well this all works.

right on man---let's see it---do us a video :yay:

Very Kool, I should have mine next week. Yes that hose needed to go, replace with clear vinyl, and a quarter turn valve, that was my first call out for this machine. Another is to see if there any spill out areas around the top of the assembly and silicone those up too. I was also goin to see if the agitator could be modified to do a better job?

I will be running several different micron bags, as I know I have many different trich sizes, I'm not about to waste anything, let alone my time.

I will be running all washed materials for treats for final use, before compost pile eats it.

View attachment image.jpg

Second run I used an extra bag, but the second and third runs seem to be picking up a lot of chlorophyll material, maybe I'm running the machine too long?

Latest posts

Back