Question about burping my jars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshoalsguy

Bud of the Year
Reaction score
Am I trying to accomplish just an exchange of air inside the jar? Would it be ok to open a jar, put in front of a fan real quick then reseal? Instead of leaving the jars just open.

Am I trying to accomplish just an exchange of air inside the jar? Would it be ok to open a jar, put in front of a fan real quick then reseal? Instead of leaving the jars just open.
That is exactly what I do. Also, turn the jars over every time you burp.

If mine are still high 70s or more I lay the jar on its side and drag thebuds mostly out of the opening and let them sit 30 minutes to an hour,
Then button them up. Back to high numbers, then repeat.

If mine are still high 70s or more I lay the jar on its side and drag thebuds mostly out of the opening and let them sit 30 minutes to an hour,
Then button them up. Back to high numbers, then repeat.
Dump them back into a paper bag and air them overnight
70% is still way high is what I do if I screw up and put in jar to quickly
I dry my buds in paper bags in tupperware with lid once they hang for 7 days
I place humidity meters in the weed when they hit bins and 60-65% into jars it goes to start the burp

Last edited by a moderator:
The last two posts are a result of not having the pot dry enough before moving to jars. Sometimes rushing will cause the curing process take longer. If you have to go back you just cost yourself an extra week before it is cured properly.

The last two posts are a result of not having the pot dry enough before moving to jars. Sometimes rushing will cause the curing process take longer. If you have to go back you just cost yourself an extra week before it is cured properly.
I dry my buds in paper bags in tupperware with lid once they hang for 7 days
I place humidity meters in the weed when they hit bins and 60-65% into jars it goes to start the burp

we are burping 20 gallon totes
Not burping , but exchanging air to allow the buds to dry slower, you can open the top all the way if damp side , and just a little air in to slow dry , the brown paper bags slowly absorb moisture also.
Basically a way to slow the roll if the air is to dry in drying room.

Barrowed from my friends site
1634554372603.png

1634554391234.png

1634554408268.png

1634554427703.png

This is a slow dry method when you have very low humidity
It slows the dry down so it does not dry out too fast, that's all
To each his own.......................................... Baaahaa

So, how long do you alchemist's cure? I like a good 30 day cure. But, after 3 weeks I think the buds have cured to a point that even the most petuculiar smoker will be satisfied....IF DONE PROPERLY.

One day scientists will be digging our crap up and find all these jars full of weed.

Sort of like the canopic jars Egyptians put their insides in...

Bubba

Hmmm....interesting. But, until you fess up for those. Make sure you clean the rubber seal on the lids with alcohol. They get resin and won't seal properly after a few runs.

@ Big, off topic, we are discussing how long to cure before the buds are ripe and ready to smoke not how long you can make the buds last. Remember, it's not how long you make it......it is how you make it long....ha ha!

I find myself in a weird place. I now have about 2 1/2 lbs in jars at 62% humidity in a dark cabinet at about 68 degrees.
I smoke maybe once a month.

I may have a lifetime supply so how to store long term is very important.

Latest posts

Back