Question about burping my jars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure this will work, I see it being good for after the cure by removing all oxygen which degrades the THC, but as far as the gasing off I would imagine you need fresh O2 back in the jar for the Chlorophyll to escape back into , then next burp it comes out again and new air back in.
See what I am saying.

I find myself in a weird place. I now have about 2 1/2 lbs in jars at 62% humidity in a dark cabinet at about 68 degrees.
I smoke maybe once a month.

I may have a lifetime supply so how to store long term is very important.

nice problem to have

for long term I go with freezer bag seal a meal vacuum sealed and into the freezer

2-4 years no problems

Not sure this will work, I see it being good for after the cure by removing all oxygen which degrades the THC, but as far as the gasing off I would imagine you need fresh O2 back in the jar for the Chlorophyll to escape back into , then next burp it comes out again and new air back in.
See what I am saying.
Yes I do, thank you.

See what I am saying.
Build a setup like wine bars use, empty space in bottles filled with nitrogen gas?

Bubba

Yes I do, thank you.
I think I may have missed your meaning from your post earlier. I dry my weed in the basement till the stems snap clean around 7 to 10 days. then cure my weed in the fridge and it takes a long time. I take my jars out and vacuum the jars to get the stale air out and press the release to allow the jar to suck fresh air in. The old way was to unscrew the lids and blow into the jar to replace the air.

I think I may have missed your meaning from your post earlier. I dry my weed in the basement till the stems snap clean around 7 to 10 days. then cure my weed in the fridge and it takes a long time. I take my jars out and vacuum the jars to get the stale air out and press the release to allow the jar to suck fresh air in. The old way was to unscrew the lids and blow into the jar to replace the air.
OK that sounds much better , I thought you were just vacuuming everyday

We need to design and patent a curing machine
Put the nugs in and they come out 3weeks later perfect.
Like one of those Magic weed butter machine.
Bet it could be done very simply
Probably be out of price range. I like to think it's one of those things where Orson Wells comes out for Paul Mason wine...."no weed will be served until it's time." LOL.

That stage where it's not quite dry enough to leave corked to go to work. I have taken vacation time to get this done for crying out loud.

Some kind of "Wonder Weed Curing Device" would be great!

Bubba

vacuum Seal ? I heard in the freezer it’s bad for the tri’s and it looses potency.[/QUOTE]

I find myself in a weird place. I now have about 2 1/2 lbs in jars at 62% humidity in a dark cabinet at about 68 degrees.
I smoke maybe once a month.

I may have a lifetime supply so how to store long term is very important.
I read some time ago that dope begins to lose potency when it gets to be around 18 months old.

I read some time ago that dope begins to lose potency when it gets to be around 18 months old.
So, I usually have a lot of surplus when my new crop matures. That’s when I toss the stuff in bags and give it away. I can’t sell it and I can’t consume it, so out it goes. Friends are usually receptive to the idea.

If stored in a freezer in air seal containers it lasts a Long.........................Time
I just smoked some 8-10 yr old and it was still green and stinky once removed from freezer. I shiit you not

If stored in a freezer in air seal containers it lasts a Long.........................Time
I just smoked some 8-10 yr old and it was still green and stinky once removed from freezer. I shiit you not
Never had it in the freezer only the fridge and my harvest will last the year for sure. Also burping in the fridge the weed gets stronger. I have a refrigerator down stairs for weed beer and a freezer for meats. Now if I can keep my wife and kids out of the cellar I'd be in heaven. :angiesfavorite: :cool:

Latest posts

Back