Question about burping my jars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, that's the way it's done for kolsch and pilsners! I liked IPA, Pale Ales and Stouts back in those days.

Now I need to eyeball one of these weed devices, or see a thorough review of one.

Wine chillers are only 200 more or less.

Bubba

vacuum Seal ? I heard in the freezer it’s bad for the tri’s and it looses potency.
[/QUOTE]
You need to be careful not to bump the weed around after it comes out ,
The Trichomes will be brittle and can fall off easier, once back at room temp. they are not so bad. Best way to store =if the wife lets you.\
I even save food boxes from freezer items and put weed in seal a meal bags (using heat sealer) then in used food box (package) and seal it back up with glue gun. This way if someone looks in there they see Food Packages .

OK another idea
What if you made a small Humidor type but sealed better so no air escapes
This way you can set if for 60-62% and place buds in there . Once in there have a vac pup that changes out the air once a day. After 2 weeks you trun of the Vac pump and let the weed mellow in the control air tight environment

OK another idea
This way you can set if for 60-62% and place buds in there . Once in there have a vac pup that changes out the air once a day. After 2 weeks you trun of the Vac pump and let the weed mellow in the control air tight environment
I haven't tried the Vac pump on the weed yet I should be able to this week.

Watching all you mad scientist's make me want to spark one up.....
giphy.gif

For next time , works great every time
My Buddy BrassNwood gets credit for the write up below
[IMG]

Hang just long enough for the smallest popcorn buds to start to firm up.
Chop buds from branches
[IMG]

Place in cut down paper bags
Leave out and exposed during the day.
[IMG]

Stack in closed airtight container at night.
Buds will be dead limp when container is first opened and this is your true humidity read.
Place buds back outside until firm.
Place in can over night.
As the days progress and the buds dry they will need less time exposed per day.
At the end of 7 to 10 days you should be exactly at 65-62% and they are ready to jar.

This is what it takes to get a flawless dry in my smoking hot and stone dry conditions.
8% humidity is a stone ***** to dry in.

Limp = needs more dry time
Firm buds = needs more can time.
When the can is opened the 7th day or so and the buds stayed firm overnight they are done.

I am perfectly happy doing it the old school way....of course I have made a few adjustments over the years.

I am a bit of a scientist...just not MAD

OK another idea
Well humidors are sort of like that. I use a credo which is a plastic box with a bunch of holes in it. Keep adding drops of distilled water until humidity is in the zone.

For cigars, humidity is usually 70%, so it would have to be used with less water.

Tupperware + Credo? If the Credo will function at the lower humidity it should work. Like a humidor, it would require a humidity meter and you will occasionally add a little water.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back