Question about flowering times> (General seedbank times)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernGuy

Reaction score
I'm a little bit confused about when seedbanks, or anyone, tell you the flowering times for a specific strain. For example I'm looking at bubble gum kush from two different sites. One website has the auto flowering bubble gum kush and it says flowering period 6-8 weeks. Another site has the photoperiod bubblegum kush and it also says she finished flowering in 8 weeks.

I'm a bit confused by this. Do they mean once the plant starts growing bud it takes 8 weeks til its more or less ready?

Also I will be growing in northern Wisconsin if anyone has any strain recommendations. I would be starting beginning of July (unless I get my seeds sooner, ordering them this weekend). Looking more of an autoflowering strain because my grow areas first frost date is September 13-19

Flowering time means the time it takes for the buds to mature. Indoors this means the time after the flip to 12/12. Now some peeps count from the flip to 12/12 as the flowering time start and others count from the appearance of the first pre-flowers.

I would go with a smaller faster flowering indica photoperiod plant rather than an auto flowering. Autos do best with 20 hours of light a day--something that doesn't happen outdoors. Even though it says the auto flowering in 8 weeks, expect it to take longer when it is not getting sufficient light every day. And breeder's estimates are under ideal conditions and are often optimistic. You may find it a little hard to get an outdoor plant to finish by the middle of Sept even with an auto. that is one of the reasons that I do not grow outdoors where I live--just not a long enough growing season.

Latest posts

Back