question about growing time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flymadness

Waiting on 4/20 everyday
Reaction score
hey! i was just wondering how long it will take approximatly to get a finished product, my plant is 21 days from sprouting and its not too big and im getting concerned. it looks ok but if it doesnt pick up soon it wont be done before i have to move! in your professional opinion do u guys think it could be ready for harvest at the end of april? thanks
using potting soil
lights 24/0
flouros (but im hoping to get a 250 HPS very soon)
dont know PH
in Veg.
growing in my closet
temp about mis 70's

I'm kinda new at this but you can look at my post "Leaf Issues", I'm currently at 5 weeks. Most "professional" growers that I have talked to/recieved info from tell me that I can flower now since the plant is about 14-16 inches tall (it will double in size during flowering), as well as saying that to wait till the "nodes" start to alternate on the main stalk. I would say that you are pushing the envelope if you need it done by end of april. How tall is your plant? Pics? Hope this helps.

I would recomment more light 250W MH or HPS like you said you should be getting soon, Other then that check your PH and go from there.

yeah i know about the light, but what about forcing it to flower early? will that change anything aside from the yield? or does it seem doable at all if i get that light asap? and yes MMilitiaR it is refer, and it is my baby :p lol. sadly its illegal here in canada as well, and it looks like its going to stay that way with our new prime minister :( sad times.

Sounds like your kinds stuck between a rock and hard place. IMO its to early to flower.

oh yeah i know its too early now but im hoping it should get big really quick, im going to walmart tonight to get some ferts and hopefully a new light as well, so i was wondering if anyone wanted to draw me up a timeframe? im not sure how long i will have to let it flower for or anything so any help would appreciated. i want to have it harvested by the end of april or maybe the first week of may. if someone could give me me some dates to start going on that would be sweet! thanks again!

flymadness said:
oh yeah i know its too early now but im hoping it should get big really quick, im going to walmart tonight to get some ferts and hopefully a new light as well, so i was wondering if anyone wanted to draw me up a timeframe? im not sure how long i will have to let it flower for or anything so any help would appreciated. i want to have it harvested by the end of april or maybe the first week of may. if someone could give me me some dates to start going on that would be sweet! thanks again!

From what I have read there is not a specific time line that needs to be followed, depends on what you want the end results to be. I'm not sure that I would dump nutes into the plant to make it grow. I would focus on lighting 1st, I think that will give you the best results. If yours grows like mine does, you will be ready to flower the earliest IMO would be 3-4 weeks. Then like MMilitiaR stated for flowering is wait till the pistils start to change to a golden color.

oh i know no worries, but i havent had any ferts yet so its time to begin that anyways, dont worry im a bit impatient, but i want the bud too much to kill my plant lol. if its a female that is, if not then i guess im a bit fucked. but yeah im going to get lights and fert tonight so hopefully all will be well and maybe ill stay in the house a bit longer after finals. but im stoked for this to start growing like mad! thanks for the help all!

Glad we could help ya out, let us know how it goes...

flower that hoe when its about a foot and a half by going to 12/12 light. Now, most stirans of mj take 8-11 weeks to fully flower. Harvest when the hairs are about 75-80 drak red. PM mutt to get his chart on determing the porper time to harvest using the trichome technique. IM no professional , but I confident that this is correct. My plant is almost ready to harves in a few weeks.

oh yeah, get that HPS asap, you want it to begin the flowering stage. I used floros for a few weeks in the flower stage before I got my 250w hps. The growth is small because of floros lack of light intensity. Get those lumens !

sicnarf said:
flower that hoe when its about a foot and a half by going to 12/12 light. Now, most stirans of mj take 8-11 weeks to fully flower. Harvest when the hairs are about 75-80 drak red. PM mutt to get his chart on determing the porper time to harvest using the trichome technique. IM no professional , but I confident that this is correct. My plant is almost ready to harves in a few weeks.

Here it is..

when-to-harvest.jpg

MMilitiaR said:
you let it flower till a 1/3rd of the pistils are amber colored, or you can cut it when there 2/3rds amber for more of a couchbug high, and if you wait to long, the plant will ploinate itself with the male flowers it makes(thats if its a female plant, remember , you could have a male there, which would be no good)
Holy Crap!

Please, don't anyone take this guys posts seriously. He doesn't know jack about jack.

Everything he's said above is misleading or completly false.

Ask Hick or Mutt if you don't believe me. They'll tell ya so. This fool is on some kind of a lying high.

Ignore everything this fool says. No shit. Like I said, check with the other pros here and they'll set you strate.

indochoker said:
hey wat strain r ur plants flymaddness
i dont actually know. it came from bagseed. i was actually wondering if anyone could tell me what strain it is. if anyone has a good guess can you let me know?

im by no means a professional (or even experienced for that matter) but i have done a lot of homework and i dont think your gonna get anything by early may.i think if i was you and it was possible..i would veg it till right before you have to move cut a bunch of clones off of it. and try and move the young clones to their new home. maybe you can plant the mother (if thats the case) outdoors just before you move too? just a thought...though i dont know how well young clones would survive a move..ive never cloned or moved young plants. maybe you have thought of all of this and know it just wont work..but after a few beers im more open to share my thoughts! lol just a thought...im curious what others think of it too...im a beginner myself and want some feedback about my ideas...well i guess i have nothing else to add! good luck with the plant and the move!

Stoney Bud said:
Holy Crap!

Please, don't anyone take this guys posts seriously. He doesn't know jack about jack.

Everything he's said above is misleading or completly false.

Ask Hick or Mutt if you don't believe me. They'll tell ya so. This fool is on some kind of a lying high.

Ignore everything this fool says. No shit. Like I said, check with the other pros here and they'll set you strate.

STONER DOWN! STONER DOWN! Pass Stoney the bong, he's having a massive coronary. Too funny stoney! You are right though, what's wrong with the guy?

It's too bad your plant isn't too Fly. Put it on your neighbors mail box and try again when you have some time to give a shit.

Eggman said:
It's too bad your plant isn't too Fly. Put it on your neighbors mail box and try again when you have some time to give a shit.
dude thats not very nice. i do care, but i have to move out of my house at a set point and when i germinated the seeds it was just out of curiousity. its not my fault. chill out smoke a jay, im going to have a better setup and timeframe in sept hopefully

Latest posts

Back