Question about hight in veg room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menimeth

Reaction score
With my closet setup I only have 16" of grow room in the veg room and 27 to 30" in my flower room (Top of soil to x inches from 400w light). what is the best way to utlize my spaces and keep my plants from growing to close to the light when in the flower room? I am growing setivas, and they gain a set of new leaves every day. At the rate they are growing, I will only be able to veg for maybe two weeks before they out grow my veg room. Any advice will be most welcome. Thanks guys(and gals).:D :cool:

Scrog them with a screen (Thats what I do in a similar situation as yours) You use a screen and continually pull the branches back under the screen as they grow through it. You grow them horizontally under the screen, and in the end, only let bud sites up through the screen. You get an even canopy of buds, and you get height control out of using a screen.

The other option is LST, where you tie your branches down as they grow.

There is much info online about both methods. You can even combine and use both methods if you like.

Good Luck. Peace.

:yeahthat: If yu let yer plants outgrow yer veg room, they will never stay in the flower room as Sativas usually double to triple in height from the end of veg to harvest. SCROG would definitely be the way to go if yu can, or if yu have more sqft than cube feet then LST will keep them down much the same way scrog does. If yer growing from seed yu have to let them grow until they reach maturity (roughly 4-5weeks) then yu can switch to flower as soon as yu know. If yu can grow from clones then yu can switch to flower as soon as yu have good roots or whenever yer ready. This allows yu to keep them low.:)

With the hights restrictions you are talking I would Grow a Mom and take clones and as soon as they are rooted Put them is the flowering room is a Sea of green style of growing with as many small plants as you can get growing in the flowering area at all times.

I have been doing alot of reading from the sticky's and the rescources section today, and though I have never done LST or scrog, I think both would work well in the space I do have. SOG is a good option as well, but I need a good female to clone to do it right. the problem is that all of the plants I am growing were out in the extreme heat for two weeks before I could bring them in, and so far the only two which could be sex'd early were male. I am worried that out of 14 plants, I may not have more than one or two females to place in the flower room, and the ones in the veg room are already 10 in. tall. at the rate they are now growing, they will only last another week in the veg room. Hopefully they will have alternating nodes by then and I can just put them all under the HPS.:D

If yu haven't done so already, yu can top them. I always top my plants when they reach 4-6 nodes (branches). I just go to the stem right above where there are leaves coming out with the little branchlets coming out with the leaf. I clip the stem just above those 2 little branchlets, and then if I have 2+" of top in the cutting that I just took, I will put that in the cloner and label it to match with its mother plant so that when the mother sexes I will know what I have. By topping, the 2 branchlets will take off and become the new main colas. This will slow down the upward growth and will encourage more bushy growth (but make sure the strain yer growing does ok with topping as some strains don't like topping). Another option here would be to use the supercropping method which is in the stickies. let us know it goes:)

Latest posts

Back