Question about lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AceNineSuited

Ok, Im currently a good 2 weeks into flower. Got a 400 watt hps light with a reflector hanging down over my 2 grapefruits, and 1 white widow. The grapefruits are tall by comparison to the widow. The grow is in a shower. Pretty big, full sized tub and all. My question is, what cheap, and easy to hang lights could I add to suppliment the light on the sides. As I said the 400 watt hps is above all the plants. But I wouldnt mind getting some lights on both sides of the grow. (left and right). To get more light to some of the lower and medium height bud sites. Anyone got any help. Not sure what low wattage bulbs and light systems are available. Also this is the only light Ive ever used. So people talk about flouros and stuff, would hanging some of them around the sides get them the light they need in flower to grow? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Yeah, florous would help but have to be about 2-3 inches away. Just make sure they don't block any of the HID lighting as that is much better source of light than the florous.

Ok, so say I buy 2 flouros...put 1 on each side of my grow at a med-low height. You think this is gonna do any significant advantage for the bud growth and overall yeild? And also. Ive seen them in pics before. If I went to like Home Depot I could just buy 2 bulbs (what kind of wattage do they run, or is it just 1 standard watt bulb??). And they usually are just hangin from an electric wire. So question, i buy the bulbs, do they just sell wired sockets ready for plug in? Is that how they work?

AceNineSuited said:
Ok, so say I buy 2 flouros...put 1 on each side of my grow at a med-low height. You think this is gonna do any significant advantage for the bud growth and overall yeild?

It will depend on how close you can keep the floros to the plant as stated above. If they are farther then the 2-3 inches away from the plant then I would say not worth it. Have you tried any reflective material?

Two type. 40W tube florous. these need a fixture with them. The other is pig-tail compact florous these screw into any incadescent fixture. they look like Brother Grunts 40 dollar wally world lights. If you trying to cover a stretch. then get the tube ones. don't hang em from the chord. stresses the chord. you want to mount them some way.

Yes, having light at those bottom bud sights will help. IMO

Latest posts

Back