question about medical pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I have a friend in Florida who just got her marijuana card and she went to a dispensary and got some flowers to smoke. She says that it felt a little 'medicinal' and unusual and the two little plastic tubs they came in had the details on the label and they said about 22% thc but 0% cbd.
I thought that all natural pot included a bit of cbd and that cbd helped to activate the thc effects.
How can they grow pot that it 0% cbd, and could this be what my friend noticed when she smoked it?
Perhaps in the recreational pot states it's different, but in a medical marijuana state like Florida, are the growers trying to grow stuff more suited to cancer patients and medical sufferers rather than people who want to get a really good high?

I can't speak for Florida but in Colo the marijuana is the same no mater rec, medical or black market. Different strains would differ in thc and cbd content though....imo Also, different growers produce different results. Nothing like connoisseur grade marijuana.....

I found one dispensary online that had their menu on display, and it was very different from what I am used to seeing when I have gone to coffeeshops in Amsterdam.

Amsterdam and shops here, to me, are very different. It's less of a social thing with more focus on the actual product instead of environment. I'm glad they finally allow smokable in FL for med patients. Definitely do look around for other locations.

In reality the only difference between medical marijuana and regular marijuana is the word medical and in some states with legal programs, additional testing for heavy metals, molds etc. Patients need the purest (read: grown organic / no pesticide use) medicine as possible.

Patients need the purest (read: grown organic / no pesticide use) medicine as possible.
No pesticide is definitely a must but does medical have to be organic? I think i have seen hydroponic legal ops.

I am in Europe but I stopped going to Amsterdam when my son went to college and I couldn't afford it so I now grow my own. I have two friends in Florida with medical marijuana and one uses little liquid vials and the other buys the flowers, but the menu prices are almost the same as the coffeeshops per gram, so it's an expensive way to get high.
I look forward to the day when we can all grow our own.

Thats the freaking reason i dont care if it ever becomes legal in Texas. Don't need the freaking government messing with our weed and prices.
Wouldnt mind if they would make it legal to grow for personal use but fk dispensaries.

In Holland, I think that you are allowed to grow 5 plants at a time for personal use and I used to dream about retiring to Amsterdam to live on a houseboat on the canals.

just remember in florida you give up your rights to own and use a firearm when you sign you document for the liscense...I walked away without mine...once a criminal always a criminal...

No pesticide is definitely a must but does medical have to be organic? I think i have seen hydroponic legal ops.
The main thing is that you aren't using nutrients that contain heavy metals. Cannabis plants are great at pulling toxins from the ground and storing it in the tissue. Which is a great thing when they used it at Chernobyl, but not a good thing in your smoke.

Well, I have seen both sides. Many of my friends have been the "Bud Master:" and an industrial grow. A mess at best. Cash cropping at it's finest. You don't know what you are smoking. Most boutique growers are more worried about their reputation than a simple sale. If you sell sheit you get no repeat buis so you are always pounding the pavement giving out samples.

Boo is right I have given up my rights to own a gun for protection from rippers. What a jip. But, I sleep better and if you walk into my house my wife will blast you as she still has 2nd amendment rights. I have used pesticides in early veg but never in flower. I will throw it out, and have, before I will take advantage of an fiend.

The main thing bad about legal is it cuts the retail price in half or worse. Colo went from $400 a zip 10 years ago to less than half that now. The state is saturated with product. I was in the liquor store today and the three of us that were in there were all joking about how all three of us grew pot.....

If you don't grow it, you don't know what is in it. I grow marijuana and there is nothing it it but marijuana.

What I want to know is how you can sell medical pot that has 0 cbd? Every strain I have looked at in seed shops includes at least a tiny bit of cbd, so how are they getting pot to 0 cbd at the medical dispensaries?

CBD is not a predominant cannabinoid in most strains. Many breeders have bred for THC and before we all knew about CBD, we'd just be like, this plant isn't making me high, not a keeper plant. So a lot of it has been selectively bred out. But now that it is the new slice bread, breeders are specifically targeting that in plants. Thanks to testing they can validate their results.

THC also hold medicinal benefits, so it can be considered medicinal as well.

CBD is not a predominant cannabinoid in most strains. Many breeders have bred for THC and before we all knew about CBD, we'd just be like, this plant isn't making me high, not a keeper plant. So a lot of it has been selectively bred out. But now that it is the new slice bread, breeders are specifically targeting that in plants. Thanks to testing they can validate their results.

THC also hold medicinal benefits, so it can be considered medicinal as well.
nobody ever argues about the fact that marijuana is a "medical remedy" (I mean that nobody who knows about medical effects never argues)

Latest posts

Back