Question about mother plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
I have to choose a plant to pull out of my flowering area to keep as a mother. The plants are clones genetically identical. I am wondering if I choose the smallest one that took longer to grow, will it always grow slower or will it regain its genetic potential fully and grow out to become as good as the other bigger clones? The plant that I wish to pull out is healthy and nice just smaller in size than the other clones. Would it be wiser to cut clones from a faster growing clone knowing that it will take much longer for that clone to become as big as the smaller plant that I wish to pull out from the flowering area?

Other than Hippie , Nope
@Hippie420 is one bad Mother for sure
1632416015231.png

Reactions: zem
I took clones today from the biggest plants, now I have to cull some plants anyway due to overcrowding. I am feeling uneasy to kill the nice looking plants and keep the little unrooted clones. I think that the clones will take a long time to get to where the smalle plants are. I am wondering, I saw tissue culture plants grow into trees, doesn't every clone hold the same genetic potential? I took clones to be on the safe side but I would like to find a scientific explanation before I kill any nice plants.

I wait to cull any strain until I am sure my new by's are rooted and healthy. PERIOD! If it is a strain you want to keep.
Pute yes I want to keep the strain. All the "mothers are clones from the same original mother plant, but some are smaller than others which are the ones i want to remove to keep space for flowering.
My question is whether these clones of the same mother that i will be removing, will they not regain their genetic potential and grow as fast as their bigger clones? It is not easy to kill perfectly healthy plants for their clone that is tiny and just rooted. I will try take a pic of the plants that i pulled out once i can, they are perfectly healthy with nice roots, just that they have been chosen to be pulled out because they are smaller than the other clones...

IMO...yes. Generally when you get a clone gifted to you it is usually the runt of the bunch..... I have found after taking cuts off a runt the next round will generally produce healthy normal plants.

IMO...yes. Generally when you get a clone gifted to you it is usually the runt of the bunch..... I have found after taking cuts off a runt the next round will generally produce healthy normal plants.
awesome! this will save me a lot of effort clonin g then growing the plants.

That's one plant i pulled out. It was a difficult decision to kill it

Attachments

• resiz.jpg
    resiz.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 6
  • resiz1.jpg
    resiz1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back