question about PH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

learnin to gro

Reaction score
hey i believe i have high ph i grow in soil and only have an electrode pen tester. so i put ph down in one gallon of water so it was ph5.2 than dumped it in when it ran out the bottom it was 6.2 is this an ok way to lower ph

I'm not sure exactly how they want a person to do it... but the ground pros told me to use proper ph water all the time while flushing..

LTG..."What" makes you believe that your ph is too high?..
6.2 is borderline on the low side for soil.
is this an ok way to lower ph
..it may only temporarily 'fix' your problem. Depending on the source/reason for the high ph.

well a couple of things make me think it is too high im starting to get random yellow orange spots on my leaves and i had been putting spring water out of bottles at the store an i neglected to check some once they were open for a couple daysthen i checked and they were 7.4 also i blended some cheaper soil in with my ocean forest cause i didnt have enough to fill 5 gal potshick if you want some pics ill post some for you and kade its my first grow and i am nervous so thanks for the help

haha well I grow dirt all the time with my leftover cuttings i can't use/give away.... and i always seem to have problems... i have a 55lb bag of lime now tho... so next time i'm gonna mix it in the soil b4 planting... we'll see what happens.

LTG..looked at your pics, they look a bit overwatered possibly, but pretty healthy overall. Th spots almost look like nutes or water have been 'splashed' on them when you watered and caused a burn.
You've flushed, give them an oppurtunity to recover now.

Latest posts

Back