question about RO water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
So I've been using ro water for about 2 months now and I'm starting to see whats looks like a mag deficiency. Is adding cal/mag a must with ro water? I'm using fox farms nutrient which do contain cal/mag but I'm still having issues.

I need to add cal-mag regardless of whether or not I use RO water. I am not using RO water now because my water is low in dissolved solids, but still need cal-mag. If you need it, add it regardless of the water you are using.

If its not a ph issue only and your certain its a calcium or Mg problem then add it.

Just be sure before adding stuff to try and fix it. You don't want combined problems..

I use fox farms as well as r/o and yes add calmg.... I use it every third water and use a tsp to a gal.. no probs at all

Ok thanks for the feedback y'all. Ill add some calmag for sure.

You will want to add Silicate to an R/O water mix also, and yes, mg is MUCH needed in R/o

I have some questions concerning soft water -- what is it? Is it better than hard water for the plants? Is it a concern at all? Should adjustment be made? I'm already missing the lake....

Peace

Latest posts

Back