Question about Satori flowering time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I am a bit confused.
I was reading in some thread about counting days in flower, and they said to start from the switch to 12/12. I thought that it was from first sign of pistils?

I have 4 Satori that sprouted on August 18 and I switched them to 12/12 on September 13. They showed their first pistils on September 24, so I started counting from September 25.

Rosebud and THG say that they harvest their Satoris at about 65 days, but from where do you start counting for that?

The 4 Satoris seem to be different kinds of plants, too. 3 of them have a massive thick cola and are tall and thin and the fourth one has a smaller thin cola and looks further along. Its pistils are shrivelling and darker while the other three still have pistils sticking straight up and are light. They all have some cloudy trichs already.

I want to harvest them right, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Outdoor growers will go by first pistils produced. Indoor growers can go both ways. I count from the flip to the end. If RB told you 65 days, she probably meant from first pistils showing. Really though it's about personal preference. You may want to try it at 60,65 and 70 days to see which you prefer.

Hope this helps...A.M.

As AM said. Also do you have some kind of magnifier to use to check the trichs, the numbers are just an estimate, the color of the trichs will tell you when to harvest.

I start counting when I see pistils. Satori generally take about 6-8 weeks after germination to show and you vegged only 4 weeks. I would count from when they first showed sex. I generally harvest mine at 9 weeks.

While it is impossible to hurry a plant up, there are many things that can cause slower flowering, so like MR1 said, check things with a scope. And like AM said, you may want to experiment with taking it with different percentages of clear, cloudy, and amber.

Thanks. I was going to veg them longer but they got too tall for my space and I decided to flip the light earlier. As it was, they nearly reached the light before they settled down.
I've been checking the trichs with my microscope and they are already getting cloudy.

Hi Joe, sounds like you got some interesting pheno's from your seeds. My satori's always look the same... I count from flip and I go 64 days or so. I don't want hardly any amber in my satori. I like it full on cloudy with maybe one or two amber, no more. I am pretty particular about when I take her as I like the speedy high. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back