question about SCROG, how big have you seen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budking

hydroking
Reaction score
I was planning to do my first scrog. But I noticed in most of the post regarding it, that people were usually working with small spaces. What is the largest you guys have heard of ? I have a 9x9 room that will be completely filled (16 plants) and was planning a large screen over the entire room? Thoughts

in a 9x9 room, Unless you can walk around the whole grow, and you have 4 1/2 foot long arms, it will be quite hard to train your plants without crawling under the screen to do it . A SCROG is designed to grow more bud with fewer plants, in a limited space. It is really just an LST method that uses a screen to train the plants, instead of tying them down of flemming, so you can grow more bud in less space. I would think about one of the other methods of training your grow with that many plants, and that amount of space. JMO

there's a guy on you tube that does a scrog with a big room and muliple plants..

here's the thing.. if you watch the video, you can see that each plant has about at least 2 feet of space all the way around the plant..

scrog can be rough to maintain properly if you can't easily access every part of the plant..IMO

a large screen under the whole room would be rough to maintain unless you can comfortably reach each and every branch as well as manuver yourself comfortably under the screen and reach every plant..

Yeah, My bro just was asking me today about doing something other than the fence screen that we use in the "grow-lab" because the grow area is 3' deep and while we only use the screen for supporting the upper branches, it gets to be a pain to reach to the back of the screen to get to anything. In a 9'x9' area (if you can adequately light it) you can spread out the girls a bit(so that each one is in its own 3'x3' area) and do first the FIM to get the side branching going, then as the branches get some length, you can tie them back to open the plants up and spread out the branches. That would make for some nice bud growth :)

I was thinking more for support vs lst, in fact I don't necessarily need to touch them. I was just hoping for some support for the big colas because in the past I have had to tie them up or create a support system of some kind. Everyone is right though I def won't be able to to get to any other the plants accept the first row once they reach a certain size. So I guess not a scrog grow. Just a grow with a screen as a support system? (I was planning to use a screen with holes that are 4 in by 4 in)

You can certainly do that but I would recommend making it so that the plants are accessable from all sides or lay them out in individual rows so that you can get to them. There is also a plant net that you can buy from growing stores Like the Lowes or home depot, that can be placed over the plants and connected to the walls or posts and stretched tight to provide support for the upper colas. :)

Budking said:
I was thinking more for support vs lst, in fact I don't necessarily need to touch them. I was just hoping for some support for the big colas because in the past I have had to tie them up or create a support system of some kind. Everyone is right though I def won't be able to to get to any other the plants accept the first row once they reach a certain size. So I guess not a scrog grow. Just a grow with a screen as a support system? (I was planning to use a screen with holes that are 4 in by 4 in)

Nope, that is not a scrog then. A screen does not make it a scrog. A scrog is a growing techniques where a screen is put over the plants and the plants are trained to grow horizontally under the screen.

I really do not believe that a screen is the best solution to hold up large colas. In addition. you are still going to want to have access to your plants. I cannot imaging going a whole grow without access and the ability to get hands-on with my plants.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Nope, that is not a scrog then. A screen does not make it a scrog. A scrog is a growing techniques where a screen is put over the plants and the plants are trained to grow horizontally under the screen.

I really do not believe that a screen is the best solution to hold up large colas. In addition. you are still going to want to have access to your plants. I cannot imaging going a whole grow without access and the ability to get hands-on with my plants.

Like THG said, the screen probably won't be adequate to support big colas..(hopefully enormous, right?)... it will provide a little support at the base of each branch, but the branch will still droop and stress if the cola is tall enough and heavy enough.. In two of my rooms that are scrogged, the branches are too long and the colas are becoming too heavy so I still have to tie a lot of 'em up..

trust me, ur askin' all the right questions to avoid problems ahead of time...

Latest posts

Back