Question about seedling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoman

Reaction score
I have a seedling that is about 5 days old and 2 inches tall, I've been watering very little amounts about twice a day now, and now the two original round leaves appear to be turning yellower each day. Is this normal? :confused:

thanks

your over watering. you might not be "over" watering but you arent letting your roots get enough oxygen. its better to give the plant more water less often if you know what i mean. if your plant is that small you should only be watering once every 4-5 days. marijuana doesnt like to be constantly drowned even if its in small amounts of water. let the soil dry out before you water it. if you dont have perlite you might also want to get that, and if you dont have drainage holes thats a must as well.

Thanks for the response. Right now I'm using a potting soil mixed with gardening sand, planted in a 4" pot with holes at the bottom. The surface to about 1 inch deep gets dry about 10 hours after watering. How should I tell when the pot is dry enough to re-water again?

pics attached show past 36 hrs

Gr11.jpg

Gr12.jpg

Gr13.jpg

yoman said:
Thanks for the response. Right now I'm using a potting soil mixed with gardening sand, planted in a 4" pot with holes at the bottom. The surface to about 1 inch deep gets dry about 10 hours after watering. How should I tell when the pot is dry enough to re-water again?

pics attached show past 36 hrs
Welcome to the forum yoman. You can tell your plants need water by sticking your finger in the soil 1 to 2 inches deep. If the soil is dry then water. Good luck on your grow.

Latest posts

Back