Question about soil additives and fox farm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Currently i am growing 1 bubblegum plant from seed, and 2 clones (crystal and blueberry). My bubblegum plant has been posted many times in sick plants, because it is giving me a lot of trouble. Its is light green and once the leaves get to a certain size, start browning at the tips and slowly take over the whole leaf until it recedes in size and finally dies. The new growth starts out very green and looks good, but slowly turns light green and brown. I have the plants under a 400w MH, low humidity(20%), 80 degree growroom,light is about 2 feet away, under 24/0. water every 3 to 6 days depending on finger test. I have added nutes to the seedling, but not to the clones. Ventilation is good, got fans running constantly. All of the plants are in fox farm and so far the clones are about 2 weeks since they have been planted, and the seed is about 3 to 4 weeks in. Everytime i water, i add sweet (which is made from epsom salts) and root juice (composed of humic acid). The clones were growing fine, but now the new growth is coming out white/yellow and i don't like the way it is headed. Anyone know what this could be caused by? Its only 2 weeks in in fox farm, which is loaded with nutrients, and i have been giving it that other stuff. I don't think it could be a nute def., and obviously the problem is different for each plant (Clones are the same, seedling problem is different) so it probably isnt a problem with the water im adding. Anyone have any input on why this could be? THe first two pics are clone 1, the third pic is clone 2, and the last pic is of the seedling, the one i have been having trouble with

PICT0169.JPG

PICT0170.JPG

PICT0171.JPG

PICT0172.JPG

looks like a nutrient defficency.the whitish looking leaves is probibly iorn deff, also the yellowing looks like Nitrogen deff.....

i would buy some all around veg ferts high in N with some micronutrient content.

are you feeding her anything yet? she looks like shes hungry bro!

also if you could bring the humidity up at least 20-25 % youd be sitting pretty in that department....maybe a humidifier?

whats the ph lookin like? needs to be around 6.5 in the container.**

All of the plants are in fox farm and so far the clones are about 2 weeks since they have been planted, and the seed is about 3 to 4 weeks in. Everytime i water, i add sweet (which is made from epsom salts) and root juice (composed of humic acid).
Fox Farms O'nF has everything those plants need for several weeks. "I" wouldn't be adding anything at this point. MY opinion..is you've managed to lock out the nutes in some manner. My guesse would be in the ph department. Give us readings..water before and after you've added the "sweet" and F. acid. Run enough water through the pot to catch a little of the runoff, give a reading from there.
"IMHO" ..adding more of anything at this point is likely going to compound the problem.

Yes, i did try to feed her 1/4 strength nutes. the leaves are growing really fast, and the yellowing stopped but it is still present on the tips of the leaves that started out yellow. the new growth doesn't have any more yellowing. I am not sure whether or not the nutes was what helped, but ill try to get a ph reading of the runoff and see what she gives me. I just watered 2 days ago so i have to wait a little. Thanks for the advice guys....

joegro'..the damaged leaves won't repair themselves, concentrate on the appearance of the new growth.

"so far the clones are about 2 weeks since they have been planted, and the seed is about 3 to 4 weeks in."

"Fox Farms O'nF has everything those plants need for several weeks"

the proof is in the pudding.... ;)

id deffinately say they were hungry and had a nutrient deff. that whitish growth isnt nute burn or lockout....and the yellowing is from lack of N.

if he had some in the containers for 2 weeks to a month.... id deffinately say it was lack of food.

fox farms = hype.

i have found that a mix of mushroom compost, cow manure, worm castings, perlite, vermeculite and a lil bit o dolomite lime and bone meal FAR ,FAR outpreforms any FF soil mix.

yea, but FF is already mixed and when you buy all that stuff seperately it comes to a hefty price. It seems that they wanted some nutes, so you were right on that one. Ocean forest seems to have all of the necessities for growing a great pplant...sea kelp, bat guano, pearlite, worm castings and more from the sea... all you need :)

so i watered and checked my ph. On the first clone where the leaves were going light yellow, the ph was kinda low, around 5.9 to 6.0. The other clone was right on around 6.3 6.4. I added some hydrated lime to clone 1 to try to kick up the ph a little bit. That was probably why it was turning slightly yellow. Well see what happens in a couple of days and see what it does. Thanks hick, toa!

Latest posts

Back