question about temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can handle a couple light frosts.

Been getting cool here at night also, but during the day it is hitting high 60's to high 70's and growing.

Why not all but one and use that one to test their resistance to the cold in your area?
Don't waste the last plant but see if there is a difference?

thanks for the quick reply duck. i was prepping to chop, just in case

ShecallshimThor said:
Why not all but one and use that one to test their resistance to the cold in your area?
Don't waste the last plant but see if there is a difference?

only 1 plant going

I worry more about the rain then I do the cold this time of year.

Cool raining days terrify me more then clear and cold.

pcduck said:
I worry more about the rain then I do the cold this time of year.

Cool raining days terrify me more then clear and cold.

yeah the rain scares the crap put of me. i've elected not to build a roof for her.

I would wait it out.You are probaly only getting the low temps for a few hours before sunrise and if she's in the ground shouldn't be long enough to effect her roots.It would have to get colder for a longer period before becoming detrimental.Growth will slow a little but at this stage might not be noticeable.JMO

wouldn't the cold damage the plant long before the frost line reach the roots

why wouldnt you make some sort of shelter to protect your plant from the rain? i dont understand why you elected to not give her shelter...

well yah need some sort of cover during the rains or youll have massive rot/mold problems. and personaly if you cant cover them maybe you shouldnt be growing outdoors and/or in that location, plus the reason i asked is what he said, the rains scare the crap outta him yet elected to NOT provide protection from the rains... just sounds like a whole lot of worrying about rain, mold and rot. seems like more trouble then making a tent or even something as simple as propping a large tupperware tote over it till the rains over. gotta do something... id rather cover my plant and have it stand out a bit for a while during the rain, then have the rain either destroy the plant or cause rot/mold and lose the crop iv been spending time, money and love on... just my opinion

this was a last minute thing i decided to do at the beginning of summer. i've invested a total of 35$ into the grow. so only my love will be lost;) . it doesn't matter now anyway. i was informed by my wife today that she forgot to mention she volunteered our backyard for my nieces birthday party this weekend. so i chopped her down tonight. it's unfortunate, but she's far enough along to be cut. just not as finished as i'd like.

ShOrTbUs said:
wouldn't the cold damage the plant long before the frost line reach the roots

Yes...they can handle a light to mild frost a couple of times. If you get a heavy frost or frozen ground you are done.

Darn parties, but better off safe the sorry.:)

sunakard2000 said:
why wouldnt you make some sort of shelter to protect your plant from the rain? i dont understand why you elected to not give her shelter...

I wish I was in a legal state so I could do that:(

Would draw way to much attention if I tried it here.

pcduck said:
I wish I was in a legal state so I could do that:(

Would draw way to much attention if I tried it here.

:yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back