question about type of water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stankeydankey

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows if using well water will be fine as opposed to using rural water?

Use what ever yual gots to use but ifin it come right out the tap I sugest lettin it site for at least 24 hours to let the clorine evap off it cause it can be hard on plants specialy young ones. Good luck with yur journey I use rain water that I collect never had a problem but some folk will pipe up and say its bad too cause of the old acid rain problem. Yual will find what works for yual and fine tune it I am sure.

BWD

stankeydankey said:
I was wondering if anyone knows if using well water will be fine as opposed to using rural water?
absolutely dependant on the individual water source. 'Most" wells with "good" drinking water are fine, but 'some' wells can be heavily laden with lime, calcium, iron, ect.
My well water comes outta the ground w/ 7.0 ph, but contains a pretty high concentration of calcium. Making it pretty easy to OD on Ca if I try to use things like Cal-mag or diatomceous earth :eek:
Not sure what you mean by "rural" water..??

Urban be in town and Rural be out town ussualy on well. Just thought I help yual Hick being the rural type folk I be!

BWD

lol bwd...my thinking was "municipal" would be 'in town/city ;).. urban "I" would consider residential suburban ??
'rural'.. outta town/country.. :) primarily 'well water' I would think also

but the question was "using well water... as opposed to using rural water?" Not sure how to differentiate..;)

reminds me of once when I was taking care of a pretty sick grandchild. He woke me up in the middle of the night crying, asking for a drink of water. I took his glass from bedside and filled it from the bathroom sink. But when I gave it to him, he whined and told me "that's bathroom water. I want kitchen water."...:confused2:

Latest posts

Back