Question Drying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
From what I have read they say dry in a cool dark space. I am wondering what temps are considerd cool ? under 70, 60 f ? My dry space is 4x4x7 Should I run my inline fan at timed intervals and keep a small fan on to circulate the air but not to aim drictley at the buds? with cooler temps am I looking at higher humidity? Do most of you use dehumidifiers in your drying space? and can you come help me trim? I will buy the pizza:D

I use a de-huey in my space. It moves air around and I keep RH @ 40%.

I just built a drying cabinet that has a fan at the top of it that moves enough air to replace the air in the cabinet once an hour. It doesn't pull hard enough to create any wind. I wouldn't recommend using a fan to move air around in your drying area unless it is a very big area. You want to remove the moist air from around the buds and replace it with dryer air, but not so fast that you end up crispifying the outsides while the insides are still wet. IMO, you don't want to dry too quick but just fast enough to prevent mould(and that varies with the amount that you have to dry) :) BTW I would be glad to come help you trim if we were a bit closer to each other :)

ok sounds like I will just run my intake fan that pulls air out of the room once an hour or so and keep an eye on humidity

Some slight air movement is a good thing. If you leave the exhaust fan on and that will keep it moving. Drying is one of the most stinky times around my garden so you might want to put a carbon filter on your exhaust fan to keep the odor in check. I dry my buds until the outer bud surfaces are on the crispy side, smaller stems 'snap' while the larger stems still have a slight amount of bend to them and then I put my buds into jars. I use a small hygrometer that I put in the jars along with my buds to make sure the RH is below 70% so there are no mold concerns. If the RH creeps back above 70% I'll air the buds out for a few hours on a table or if they're really spongey again I'll put them into a paper bag for the day or overnight and then re-jar the buds. If you don't have a hygrometer you can do pretty decent by feel. Buds with any 'spongey' feel to them are over 70% RH and need to be aired out. As long as the buds have a dry feel to them and the stems aren't rubbery you can store them in jars and begin the curing process. Ideally over the course of the next 2-3 weeks or more you'll want to slowly bring down the RH of your buds from 70% to 55%, burping and/or airing out the jars daily.

And sorry... I'll pass on the trimming.... that's on you! :D

Happy Growing~!:joint:

room temp has always worked for me...which is usually around 68 in my home.

No higher than 75*f, no lower than 40*f, mid mid 50s to mid 60s is best, IMO :)

Latest posts

Back