Question for Carty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you take the bottom out of the Jiffy Pot?
Possibility that it slowed down the root growth if the roots didn't get through the Jiffy Pot good. I always remove the bottom if I plant them like that.
I agree I have seen many times where the peat pots were pressed too hard for the roots to grow through it thus stunting the plant

Possibility that it slowed down the root growth if the roots didn't get through the Jiffy Pot good. I always remove the bottom if I plant them like that.

I did not. I have never had any issues with roots not growing through the peat pot. I will remove the bottoms from now on to be safe. Thanks for the tip.

Is that a little powdery mildew on some of your fan leaves?
I don’t think so, I have been misting the plants in veg every evening at lights out because the humidity has been hovering around 30%.
I think you are just seeing watermarks.
I could always mist with some spray oil if you think it would be in my best interest.
I need to order some of the plant wash that Subby and Boo have been using.

I don’t think so, I have been misting the plants in veg every evening at lights out because the humidity has been hovering around 30%.
I think you are just seeing watermarks.
I could always mist with some spray oil if you think it would be in my best interest.
I need to order some of the plant wash that Subby and Boo have been using.
That would have been my other guess. Since your humidity is low, PM isn’t likely. PM sucks. I need to get that stuff boo and subby are using too at some point.

me 2 and ( at least my pots) i peal the sides like a onion skin. and run a razor gentle north and south

D5805A15-5872-4E95-8947-6911F92428FE.jpeg

Still no flowers. I topped it yesterday and stuck a cutting in the swamp cloner.
It’s the one in the middle, other two are Banana Mango.
41208E3C-B239-4886-A9ED-483FCCDCAD62.jpeg

Latest posts

Back