question for Hick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunched

Reaction score
Since i've been visiting this site, i'm starting to question the knowledge i've learned over the years, or should I say....been taught!
The outdoor ladies are rockin', starting to flip. For years i've used "good ole" plant prod, water soluable powder 15-30-15. This year i've switched to 12-36-12 by the same co.
I've done very well growing outdoors using these ferts but wondering if there is something better? Also been considering mixing in a couple of scoops of 10-52-10???
Any input?

"Better"..is an opinion. But one thing is certain, many of the more economical chemical fertilizeers(Miracle grow, Shultz, Gardeners Choice) do not contain "all" of the macro and micro nutrients needed by mj. Magnesium to be specific, is missing in most cases.
I used them for years OD, and I grew pretty high quality pot with them. In fact, I never really encountered a problem(or possibly was too ignorant to their need to notice) untill I started growing in pots, indoors. That is when I starte having issues with burn, salts buildup, lockout 'n such.
That's when forums much like this one began educating me. "I" now prefer to use organic fertilizers or organic 'based' at least. They're more environmentally friendly,(don't kill the "living" soil) they're "almost" impossible to over do, they flush easier, and IMHO produce a better tasting, better burning, healthier overall product in the end.
My personal preferrence at the moment is Fox Farms products, but have used Age Old and Earth juice products and was equaly satisfied. Avoid fish emulsion, bone or blood meal OD, they attract vermin.
..since plants are just starting to flower, you might try a side by side comparison, for your own benefit. Shoot, I would even be interested in watching, and might well learn something from it.

Thx for the response, very appreciative of the input.
Whenever I thought organic, I thought pre-planting. I truthfully , and honestly, have never been told, or even thought about it.
The "plain-old" powder chemicals have always worked well for me outdoors. I, as you know, got torched from using them indoor in pots....
The flush helped but they're still hurting. The 2 I did chop taste ok and it does what it's supposed to do but not the high-test! The others are doing better but permantly stunted as far as I can see.
The nutes i'm using claim to have micronutrients added but fail to identify what these actually are?!!! There is no Magnesium, Mangenese. Calcium??? None!!!!
....since plants are starting to flower.....your idea sounds very cool! I'm gonna investigate the availability of organics here. I will try a side-by-side & post some pics.
Do you smash them the same w/ organics? I'm juicing mine every 3 days and they're lapping it up...and i'm laying it on thick! Outdoor is the best!
Hit me back,

I was able to find Fox Farms products in a 10-7-7 & a 9-6-6.
Seems like the rave here is MetaNaturals & Bio-genesis.
What kinda #'s looking for here? Was always told high Phosphoric acid on a flower?
Opening a hole can of worms.....Confused!

both of the FF products you found are vegging nutes, high in N. The numbers you're looking for need to be higher in P and K for flowerring.
I have 0 experience with the brands you mentioned, but have heard good reviews on both.

The 9-6-6 is called American pride & the 10-7-7 is called Marine cuisine. FF also has 2 products i've found, online anyways....they're called big bloom & tiger bloom but haven't been able to find any info on them, other than getting my ass off this comp & going to the store!!!!
Most of the organics i'm seeing so far all seem low in every #.
I'm not sure if i'm overlooking the micro & macronutes to look for big #'s? Just seems to me that a 12-36-12 combined w/ a 10-52-10 chem would be more productive, as far as growth is concerned? I mean these gals are lapping this shit up & it's working, they're huge!!!!
I've always grown indicas & this is my first experience w/ sativas, **** me these things get tall! I feel like I got a bulls-eye painted on me.
2 years back I grew what a buddy called "bubblegum". Heard it called purplepower, berry, etc, etc. Wicked purple, oozing w/ resin, awesome taste, sold on looks alone.....i'm salivating as i'm thinking about it!
Anyways, point being...and q&a. I've been growing whatever's available to me & have never gone out for a particular strain. I have access to a good seed source. Been thinking big bud. Curious the strains you grow?
Also hear guys talk about crossing strains. How exactly is this accomplished?

The "Trio-Pack" of Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom are the choices that I can recommend, because I've used them. Grow Big for veg and combination of TB and BB in flower. Micro nutes ae usually listed somewhere on the label in very small print.
All of the nutes mj requires to grow healthy are listed here in the forum in a sticky.
Don't let those numbers confuse you. The organics will do a better job for you.."IMHO"

The Tiger & Big bloom formulas here are available in 1L bottles, gonna grab some this weekend & try it out.
I'll check out that sticky,
Thx

Latest posts

Back