Question how to increase resin volume?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool46

Reaction score
I was just wondering doesn't the humidity have to do with how much trichs or crystals build on your plants during flower. If so can someone explain it a little more. Thanx
P.S. i was told somthing like high humidity during veg and low humidity during flower to increase trichs. Is this true. thanks again

I have been told that before but have since done a handful of different projects that vary with the natural humidty to one extent or the other. The only thing I have used that I actually saw a difference with was Fox Farms Cha-ching. It def. pushed trichs. further out on the leaves off of the actual flower itself. Total difference, ??.

Thanks Biffdoggie,
Wow i really thought this would have been a bigger topic no one has any other thoughts.?

Dr Greenthumb,
Ok well that works. Um i was thinking i might be a little green to try working with Co2. Is there a easy method that would be affective. Like maybe a home remedy to make co2? Or would i have to go the whole nine yards, tankx regulator? any help is appreciated?

Yes there is homemade versions, google "homemade co2" and you should get all the info you need. If you went the co2 tank route you would be looking approx $50.00 for a 2.5 gal tank, $35.00 for a good regulator, and about $10.00 to fill it all up. I have yet to use mine, but with the guage I have it reads the "output" of co2 and you can calcuate that into your grow room volume and just go in the room leave in on for a hour or so and turn it back off. No fancy digital controlers or anything like that for me...

thanx for the help Dr greenthumb!!Im going to read into both ideas more. Ive wanted to add co2 for a while but was a little scared! it will kill you if you fu*% up!

Hey guys been looking a little and found this was wondering what you guys thought of the idea!?

"To make CO2 by fermenting sugar water, use about two cups of sugar for every gallon of water. Fill a five-gallon bucket with four gallons of tap water. Bring another gallon to a hard boil and dissolve eight to ten cups of sugar into it. Then pour the mixture into the rest of the water and add a packet of baker's yeast. Seal the bucket with an air tight lid. The lid should have a hole in it with a hose coming out. Place the other end of the hose into a glass of water. In a few days, you'll see bubbles coming out the end of the hose into the glass of water. That's pure CO2. It should keep bubbling for seven to ten days. When it stops, repeat the process."

I can't really say how well this works, I believe there is a version in the DIY section here also. I have never used Co2 and have always been under the impression that it has more to do with density than resin production.

Yeah, ok well if thats the case id like to know cuz, I have 800 watts of Hps in flowering room. not worrried about them being dence i want more trinchoms? For some reason i thought you could control the humidity to increase trinchom volume but i guess i was wrong!

Like I said, I had heard that before, something about the humidity causing external pressure therefore causing the plant to push out more resins. I dunno. I think it has to do with strain and how well they get taken care of really, additives help perhaps but I still couldn't say how much or how well.

Tool46 said:
Hey guys been looking a little and found this was wondering what you guys thought of the idea!?

"To make CO2 by fermenting sugar water, use about two cups of sugar for every gallon of water. Fill a five-gallon bucket with four gallons of tap water. Bring another gallon to a hard boil and dissolve eight to ten cups of sugar into it. Then pour the mixture into the rest of the water and add a packet of baker's yeast. Seal the bucket with an air tight lid. The lid should have a hole in it with a hose coming out. Place the other end of the hose into a glass of water. In a few days, you'll see bubbles coming out the end of the hose into the glass of water. That's pure CO2. It should keep bubbling for seven to ten days. When it stops, repeat the process."

It's messy, it stinks, and "IMHO" doesn't produce/release a sufficient amount of c02 to benefit a grow "IF" you are providing sufficient flow through ventilation.

you be better of visiting your plants alot and smoke lots of ciggs...or doobies, and sing to em, and no rotten smell of fermentation......

Extracted from the Grow Guide at: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_cultivation2.shtml

The growing room should be relatively dry if possible. What you want is a resinous coating on the leaves and to get the plant to do this, you must convince it that it needs the resinous coating on its leaves to protect itself from drying out. In an extremely humid room, the plants develop wide leaves and do not produce as much resin.

Good luck to you man. I hope this helps you understand why the MJ plant creates resin. The resin helps protect the plant. It's a deterrant to many types of plant eaters and also can be located on the plant in different quantitys to protect it from the sun and dryness.

BongWongDong said:
you be better of visiting your plants alot and smoke lots of ciggs...or doobies, and sing to em, and no rotten smell of fermentation......

Cigarettes and anything else you smoke releases carbon monoxide(CO) not carbon dioxide(CO2). Therefore smoking near your plants will do nothing for them.

there is also some kind of disease that a plant can get from cig smoke and from touching that plant w/ hand that has cig smoke on it . i dont no what its called but i no tomatoes and peppers can get it .so.............

resin and sugar? = molasses; black strap look into it. its great; will knock yer plants over

lefty said:
there is also some kind of disease that a plant can get from cig smoke and from touching that plant w/ hand that has cig smoke on it . i dont no what its called but i no tomatoes and peppers can get it .so.............
It's called "Tobacco Mosiac Virus".

I have also heard it called "blue mold" but have never had an issue, being a smoker.
A note about the moleasses*, I tried it in the res. of my hydro system and got some heinous, cotton candy-like growth real quick, keep an eye on it.

thanx s b i didnt no what it was called ,dude.

Latest posts

Back