question ?Just One!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorickyourself

Reaction score
Put the names of some plants on bio degradable little pots,So when l watered did not notice that the names were disappearing,So how can ya tell which one is which? I know plant all the same will not have this problem;) ?Thanks Again!

stick with a piece of paper taped to it with name on paper, nursery name flags... they make little flags of solid plastic that stick in the soil and have a flat top where you can write the plant names on, hell popsicle sticks work, labels from a label maker, there are so many ways to keep your plants organized yah just gotta think about it, those are just a few and i know there are a ton more way you can do this... just think about what you have and how you can add a name to a pot without having to write on the pot.

Write it on something, then stick it on the pot somehow.

For instance, I use a wooden cloths pin and attach it where I can. :)
You could also get plant stake labels that you stick in the medium.

hXXp://www.amazon.com/Vktech-100pcs-Plastic-Markers-Nursery/dp/B00CTFMX18/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1387290316&sr=8-12&keywords=plastic+plant+stakes
(^^Change "XX" to "tt")

I make my husband eat a lot of ice cream bars and I use those for the sticks. works great.

different color plastic for each strain, cut from recycled jugs n stuff.

great ideas..specially RoseBuds:giggle:

I now go to Dollar store and Buy the 12 inch skewers and use 1/2 inch masking tape...make a flag like thing:aok:..cheap... cheap... cheap....

1-066.JPG

I think that I have done all of the above. What I do now is use small plant markers similar to the ones that DGF linked, but a heavier plastic. I reuse them. The name of the strain is written in permanent marker. I write the veg date and flowering date in pencil and then wash off and reuse after the plant is harvested (I'm frugal that way).

I get the colored fuzzy sticks and cut then in 3 pcs. wrap around the stalk loosely and never wonder again..:D

The bad thing here is that now that the names have washed away, you will have to wait until they are fully mature and possibly even fully budding before you can tell who's who. Some of them you can really tell the difference but there are several hybrids that will look very similar. There can even be 2 or more seeds from the same breed pool of one mother and when they grow out, some can look exactly alike but have different smells/flavors, while others look totally different from each other yet have exactly the same flavor/smell and high. Genetics and phenotypic expression are crazy :eek: one of the reasons that rookie growers shouldn't try breeding :)

Latest posts

Back