Question of Age

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IHMO, if they ain`t above the dirt, they ain`t living. So, count the days from when they poke their heads above the dirt.
Nutes should NOT be needed for at least 4-6 weeks. Reason being, there are nutes in the dirt to begin with. Gotta use these up first.

start feeding when the little round leafs turn yellow. usually around week 2-3 after germination

:vap-leafy_wave:

IHMO, if they ain`t above the dirt, they ain`t living. So, count the days from when they poke their heads above the dirt.
Nutes should NOT be needed for at least 4-6 weeks. Reason being, there are nutes in the dirt to begin with. Gotta use these up first.

Thanks Yopper, I thought so but being my first rodeo I had no clue. Yep at least another week before hitting them with 1/4 strength nutes.

Hey everyone, here is a couple of pictures of my seedlings. I planted the seeds on October 1st, one seed sprouted on the 5th and the other the 6th. My question because of feeding schedules, do I consider these 19 or 14 days old? I don't want to shoot nutrients to these seedlings before I should.

Usually seedlings go 2 to 3 weeks before needing a feeding.

I agree with the first part but 4-6 weeks is way to long to go without feeding. It is normally 2-3 weeks before the first feeding is needed. Unless he is using an Organic Mix with nutrients already in the soil. Like a Super Soil. If he is using any soil with those time release nutrients that feed when you water then that would open him up to a bunch of problems that could arise since those soils suck balls and should not be used to grow cannabis.

Right now seedlings are in Solo cups with Fox Farm Light Warrior. When I transplant they will go into 5 gallon Smart Pots with Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

I water every other day. Plan was to hit them with 1/4 strength Big Bloom the third week, water twice then go with 1/2 strength Big Bloom for the last watering of the third week.

So do I consider my plants in veg as soon as they sprout? When should I consider transplanting to my 5 gallon pots? The seeds I planted were feminized Kush Bomb's from Bomb Seeds so I'm (hopefully) not going to wait to sex these before transplanting.

Thanks

Right now seedlings are in Solo cups with Fox Farm Light Warrior. When I transplant they will go into 5 gallon Smart Pots with Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

I water every other day. Plan was to hit them with 1/4 strength Big Bloom the third week, water twice then go with 1/2 strength Big Bloom for the last watering of the third week.

So do I consider my plants in veg as soon as they sprout? When should I consider transplanting to my 5 gallon pots? The seeds I planted were feminized Kush Bomb's from Bomb Seeds so I'm (hopefully) not going to wait to sex these before transplanting.

Thanks

I am not familiar with that soil but I know others here are. I count day one as the day they fully emerge from the soil. I try and mark that day on an actual calendar for future reference. I would not transplant from solo cups to 5 gallon pots. I would go to something smaller like a one gallon pot until they get bigger. The reason being is Cannabis loves a real good wet dry cycle to help stimulate growth. If you put small plants into large containers you will not be helping to build a good wet dry cycle since it will take hella long for a 5 gallon pot to get dry with a small plant in it. jmo.

Ahh makes perfect sense about using a smaller pot before moving into their final 5 gallon pots. Looking at where mine are now, how soon you would you guess before transplanting into their one gallon pots?

If those pics show the current size of them at 2 weeks then it might be a bit. They seem a little small for that many days. I usually keep them in solo cups till they get to be about 6 inches high. Then I go to 1/2 gallon pots for a couple weeks and then to their final One Gallon pots for Flowering.

I may lower my light a few inches, I'm at 27" now, thinking of 24" although they are not stretching at all.

I may lower my light a few inches, I'm at 27" now, thinking of 24" although they are not stretching at all.

What kind of light are you using to veg these? I use HO T5's and can get the light down to about an inch from the tops with no problems. That is the reason they do so well in veg.

Hey Oct, after transplant into ffof don't use any nutes for 4 weeks, and then only at half strength. Mojo for the girls.

Hamster, a topled 192 x 3 watt, benn using is solely since day 1.

Hey Oct, after transplant into ffof don't use any nutes for 4 weeks, and then only at half strength. Mojo for the girls.

Thanks Rosebud, will do.

Having never grow before I don't know if these are small or large for their age, 15 days and 14 days for the other. I can say they sure look healthy, good color, nice broad leaves, I don't think they are stretching at all. The led grow light is 27" above their tops. I've been thinking of lowering down to 24" maybe as low as 20", just don't want to wilt them. I could use some solid advice from folks who actually use LED's. So what do y'all think?

Peace

Mine are about 14 inches from the top of the plants, i haven't seen any burn which shows itself as white, i have been told.

Question as to why you are going to feed Big Bloom? If you are going to use the FF nutes you should veg the plants using the Grow Big first.... I dont use this particular line of nutes but that is what I read in regards to the 3 part FF line(Grow Big, Tiger Bloom. Big Bloom)

Question as to why you are going to feed Big Bloom? If you are going to use the FF nutes you should veg the plants using the Grow Big first.... I dont use this particular line of nutes but that is what I read in regards to the 3 part FF line(Grow Big, Tiger Bloom. Big Bloom)

Bud88,

According to Fox Farm's soil feeding schedule you go with Big Bloom as early as the first week of veg and Grow Big is introduced into the feeding schedule at the second week followed by Tiger Bloom the third. It's my understanding the Big Bloom is their only product in this line that is organic.

It's kind of a moot point for me at this time because I've decided to go 100% organic for this grow. I'm going to be using Winterfall's Ranch Peruvian Gold liquid organic nutrients Micro Builder, Liquid Copal & Bloom Rush. They should arrive by the end of the month. In the mean time I used 1/2 strength FF Big Bloom beginning today and will continue until my Peruvian Gold get's here. I have three plants at this time, two Kush Bomb's and one of unknown genetics (Rank Stranger). I've been experimenting with the Rank Stranger by using standard strength nutes from the end of middle of week 2, The Rank Stranger has gone from worst to first in a matter of just a few days. Today is the first day of using any fertilizer on the Kush Bomb's so I expect to see my yellowing disappear in the Kush's leaves. I noticed the slight yellowing in the Kush Bomb's a couple days ago so I tested the soil's ph yesterday and all is good, all around 6.5 PH. I'll know more in a few day's but I expect them to bounce back quickly.

I think I've learned a lot just by stumbling through all of this, thank's for everyone's input.

First hand experience is the best teacher, albeit an expensive teacher sometimes. But the lessons learned from just doing it last much longer than anything I can teach you :)

I use FFOF Happy frog and have never used their nutes. Why?

I was commenting based on other local growers(from the grow store) I have talked to and there usage of the FF line(not good that they are giving bum info). I now see where FF recommends BB at the start...Guess I should have gone right to the source before I commented...Sorry. Think I will leave it to the experts from now on...lol....

Be Safe....

Latest posts

Back