QUESTION: what is the largest grow you've actually seen in person?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_chow

Reaction score
secrecy is key, but we all have BUDdies...

...what's the largest grow you've ever seen?

me? well it was a combo of 3-10,000sqft mmj grow warehouses (1 veg, 2 flower). 100's of plants. :eek:

here's a couple of pics of the vertical-setup before they went to horizontal lighting (you're looking at 100,000 watts of lighting!)

IMG00489-20100901-2214.jpg

IMG00490-20100901-2214.jpg

IMG00491-20100901-2215.jpg

IMG00492-20100901-2215.jpg

IMG00493-20100901-2215.jpg

IMG00494-20100901-2220.jpg

IMG00495-20100901-2220.jpg

IMG00496-20100901-2221.jpg

they had to turn off the lights in order to water...(the lights would burn them or would explode if water touched them when hot)

h[b]XX[/b]p://youtu.be/b9YQYBfE8E4

peace,

mr_chow

Growdude said:
What an operation! Not to impressed by the plants though.

yeah, this wasn't too impressive. ...but the hgic (head grower in charge) knew that.

he knew his shtuff, though. the other room had horizontal lighting and was freaking awesome...i was so in awe i didn't take pics. he's the only grower that i've ever seen be able to achieve "guttation" with his plants during flower. ...buds looked like they were leaking sap!

peace,

mr_chow

mr_chow said:
he knew his shtuff, though. the other room had horizontal lighting and was freaking awesome...i was so in awe i didn't take pics.

...luckily i went back multiple times :hubba:

found a pic
IMG00641-20101014-2318.jpg

anyone else? your grows count...no pics needed; just describe what you saw. ...paint us a literal picture.

peace,

mr_chow

NCH and Nchef rock it large scale...maybe they will post some pics.....the largest I hve ever seen is mine lol. Don't know anybody who grows.

All good HL. I seen me a few big shows.....

Damn, NCH has it going on. Niiiice setup there homey.

Biggest I've seen in person is a buddies, he runs around 10000 watts to flower, 3x3 trays. Old strains and only around 24 plants if I remember right but he gets big numbers. Botanicare nutes, low EC, almost no additives. I always come home a little jealous and questioning my setup when I've been over there.

In Vietnam lol. I dont know, 50 acres big. Maybe bigger.

Remember Chow. You can burn 100k in watts. But in the end. Its the final weight that counts, along with dankness. So if you knock out .25 grams per watt from 100k. Be much cheaper and less work to knock out 1 gram, per watt from 25k. Anything that large is strictly yield and obv hopefully some dank bud. But you get my drift. Too many focus on big grows. Yet dont understand they can get out yielded by someone with a little skillset.

But I do like the pics :)

NorCalHal said:
All good HL. I seen me a few big shows.....

I bet you hve bro......I cldnt see taking the chance in my state. I wld rather keep it small and keep it dank.:)

nouvellechef said:
Remember Chow. You can burn 100k in watts. But in the end. Its the final weight that counts, along with dankness. So if you knock out .25 grams per watt from 100k. Be much cheaper and less work to knock out 1 gram, per watt from 25k. Anything that large is strictly yield and obv hopefully some dank bud. But you get my drift. Too many focus on big grows. Yet dont understand they can get out yielded by someone with a little skillset.

But I do like the pics :)

absolutly correct.

Looking again at the original pics of the vert makes me sad. I would be crushed if my room looked like that. Crushed and broke.
The amount of work it takes to run shows of that magnitude is quite unbelievable. Be prepared for 14-16 hour days. Cancel all your vacations and find some folks you can trust with your life.

NorCalHal said:
Be prepared for 14-16 hour days. Cancel all your vacations and find some folks you can trust with your life.

...this guy had a full time staff w/ medical benefits :hubba:

the vert, i'm not sure what the deal was with that. a fire marshal would've had a field day :eek:

it was hot in there, and as bright as the sun

...the horizontal setup, as you can see, was night and day compared to what the plants looked like and the yields he was getting. sometimes you go for the cheaper alternative, but end up paying in the end, i guess ??

...i've always believed in the moto: "buy nice, or buy twice." :D

peace,

mr_chow

from one grow my friends will be pulling down 50-60lbs this year!! i will be a regular a the "hideout" during the everlong trim season. i will try an get sum picks up within the week. where i live u can smell gardens on the highway headed into town. truely good to be in a rural community and respect your neighbors;)

Have seen some stuff when visit my dutch friend. But never more then 10k. But way more advanced then the looks of the 1st pics :aok:

Latest posts

Back