question when harvesting by trichs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MG Canna said:
I agree to disagree. I have no issues and never had with my buds being the highest quality. If someone thinks they need a microscope to give them the best buds, so be it for them. But don't think because you need to use something, everyone else does too.

I feel like it's so hard for anyone to accept some one's different techniques. What is up with this wide spread problem???:rolleyes:

The best way to know when to harvest is by looking at the trics.

Sorry, but I don't see anyone dismissing a different technique, just suggesting the best. If looking by eye works for you, good deal, most of us (even those with years and years of experience...right THG??) use a scope to be certain.

MG Canna said:
I hate baseball.....dumbest game ever.

But a person who cant pick his buds without a scope.....LMFAO!!

One would have to understand the technique before being able to use it. That always helps.:)

Beginning to think this might have been the reason you were red??

MG Canna said:
But a person who cant pick his buds without a scope.....LMFAO!!

One would have to understand the technique before being able to use it. That always helps.

I always laugh at people too that think they know what they are doing. :rofl::rofl:

Just to bad that some people do not understand the proper way:D

In my experience(+30 years of growing) that once people understand the proper way their buds get much better.

Roddy said:
Beginning to think this might have been the reason you were red??

:yeahthat:

Roddy said:
The best way to know when to harvest is by looking at the trics.

Sorry, but I don't see anyone dismissing a different technique, just suggesting the best. If looking by eye works for you, good deal, most of us (even those with years and years of experience...right THG??) use a scope to be certain.

I would know, as far as my 20+ years of growing goes, that with experience comes knowledge and if one uses all that knowledge correctly, most instruments become obsolete.

Im a chef so I can eye out a tsp like most people can spit on their hands. I have DJ'd and made techno for well over 15 years. I can see further than most people, which is well documented by my Doctors. My senses are much more acute than most peoples. But I cannot remember names for the life of me!! Everyone of comes into this with a very different skill set. Mine allows me not to use a microscope!

pcduck said:
I always laugh at people too that think they know what they are doing. :rofl::rofl:

Just to bad that some people do not understand the proper way:D

In my experience(+30 years of growing) that once people understand the proper way their buds get much better.

WOW!!1 30 years. I knew almost everything there was to know about weed in one year.

The rest is personal opinion and we will never agree.

Why do always talk so generally and negatively? You are always saying things like, " some people do this and its wrong". People are always doing things wrong, in your eyes. What is that about? Just wondering where all the negativity comes from.......

Im starting to think you are the computer or something. You are on here every time I am......it's crazy scary!!!

I knew almost everything there was to know about weed in one year.

:rofl:

But you did not know the difference between a pollen chucker and a breeder:confused2:

I never said your way was wrong. Take the time and reread the posts. If you think you have the knowledge and experience to eyeball your plants when they are done that is great, but I will still continue to use a scope, just to be sure they are done. Just for the reasons I have previously mentioned.

Ever hear the phrase: some people have 20 years of experience and some have 1 year of experience 20 times?:rolleyes:

MG Canna said:
Im starting to think you are the computer or something. You are on here every time I am......it's crazy scary!!!

All I can say is that when ever you retire you can do what ever you want to do when ever you want. And if you are scared I do not know what to say:rofl:

pcduck said:

But you did not know the difference between a pollen chucker and a breeder:confused2:

I never said your way was wrong. Take the time and reread the posts. If you think you have the knowledge and experience to eyeball your plants when they are done that is great, but I will still continue to use a scope, just to be sure they are done. Just for the reasons I have previously mentioned.

Ever hear the phrase: some people have 20 years of experience and some have 1 year of experience 20 times?:rolleyes:

I never accused you of saying my way was wrong. It is you who needs to read my posts again.

I never heard that phrase but from looking at the grow logs on here and comparing them to my grows, I would say I have this mastered.

pcduck said:
All I can say is that when ever you retire you can do what ever you want to do when ever you want. And if you are scared I do not know what to say:rofl:

HUH?

Duck--Again I ask......why are you so negative about everything that isn't yours or what you do?

mg canna said:
You are always saying things like, some people do this and its wrong". People are always doing things wrong, in your eyes.

mg canna said:
I never accused you of saying my way was wrong.

I never heard that phrase but from looking at the grow logs on here and comparing them to my grows, I would say I have this mastered.

But there again you ask questions that any knowledgeable person would know

mg canna said:
Whats the best way to produce hash?

MG Canna said:
Duck--Again I ask......why are you so negative about everything that isn't yours or what you do?

I am sorry you feel that why, maybe if you would read up more you would see that I give plenty of kudos to growers that know what they are doing or growers that are willing to learn.

It appears to me that you have a problem associating with other people.

If someone thinks they need a microscope to give them the best buds, so be it for them. But don't think because you need to use something, everyone else does too. ......But a person who cant pick his buds without a scope.....LMFAO!!...... I can see further than most people, which is well documented by my Doctors. My senses are much more acute than most peoples. But I cannot remember names for the life of me!! Everyone of comes into this with a very different skill set. Mine allows me not to use a microscope!
theres that "backtracking" again... first, EVERYONE should be capable of seeing amber trichomes with the naked eye,.. then it's "you" can, 'cause you're special... :rolleyes: (since a mature bulbous trichome head is only somewhere between 60-100 microns)

WOW!!1 30 years. I knew almost everything there was to know about weed in one year.

The rest is personal opinion and we will never agree.
now it's my turn to "LMFAO!!".. you truely are special..:rolleyes:
There is sooo much tht you don't know... and you make obvious with a statement like that. Several of us have been growing for 30+ years, and are still learning. But obviously we're all just too dumb ..:eek: I almost feel like just going and throwing my stuff all out and quitting, now. Shoot, I'm beginning to wonder how I even ever found my way around a bag of dirt...

Checking the trichomes for changes is the only way to be certain of ripeness of your product. Anyone that "knows everything that there is to know".. should certainly know that.
I think You're going to find many of our.."personal opinions" are backed up with "scientific facts". And you will probably find opposition to 'your personal opinions', when they fail to have anything to support them.
hxxp://medicalmarijuana.com/experts/expert/title.cfm?artID=140
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1938
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17609

It isn't appropriate, nor conducive to growers who are coming here to learn, for us not to challenge and disprove, false or incorrect information, and would in fact, be irresponsible of us.

looking at the grow logs on here and comparing them to my grows, I would say I have this mastered.
you talk the talk.....
we have several exceeding a gram per watt here. Are you???.. I don't see any of your pictures here, blowing everyone elses grows out the window.

When you sell to a dispensary do they not use microscopes to inspect the trichs?

Mg Canna. I honestly do not think that you will get on very well on this forum. You seem to think that you are a all knowing growing god.

You say you learnt everything about growing in 1 year ay. I highly doubt that. I have been growing just 3 years and there is so much to learn. If you think you have mastered your craft in comparison to GJ on this forum prove it. Post up some pics, Start a GJ. Stop throwing your experience around without any proof.

You say you can eye a trich with your naked eye and its proven by doctors that you have super human eye sight. Haha, sorry but what a load of rubbish.

I have read through all your posts, and followed you on this site and resisted commenting till now. Sorry but you really are just trying to annoy people.

Sorry hick. Feel free to remove if i broke any rules but i think i just walked the line not crossed it.

Pcduck has been a member a long time and given allot of advise and showed off his skills. We dont doubt that at all. If you want members respect then you should try doing the same. Me and PCduck have one thing in common, we dont like it when people state opinions with nothing to back it up. As hick said unless you do then not many people going to bother.

Hope you come to your senses and realise that you could become a helpful member if you stop bashing people on this forum.

from looking at the grow logs on here and comparing them to my grows, I would say I have this mastered.
I knew almost everything there was to know about weed in one year.
I have no issues and never had with my buds being the highest quality.
I would know, as far as my 20+ years of growing goes, that with experience comes knowledge and if one uses all that knowledge correctly, most instruments become obsolete.

What does being a Techno Dj give you good eye sight. I spend allot of time on Dj stands as most my friends are Tech DJs, If anything it ruins your eyesight.

To the op.

Unless you have super human eyesight then it is best to use a magnify glass or scope with a good white light on a white or black background to make sure color is not reflected by the light.

Hope it works out well.

....in CO jeri'.. you can not sell to dispensaries. They are required to grow (I believe 70%) of their own product. The other 30% can be purchased from "another licensed" dispensary.
So, in essence, they are stuck with whatever they produce unless they can persuade a competitor

Hick said:
....in CO jeri'.. you can not sell to dispensaries. They are required to grow (I believe 70%) of their own product. The other 30% can be purchased from "another licensed" dispensary.
So, in essence, they are stuck with whatever they produce unless they can persuade a competitor

Yeh but in general.
I mean i dont live in the states so this is not personal experience, but I educate my self allot because our island is trying to legalise it self. From what i have read and seen all dispensaries when purchasing check it over with a scope to make sure it is viable for sale, i have even seen them turn it down because its been cut prematurely. All determined from the trichs under a scope. What I'm trying to get across is that if a dispensary uses this method and most experienced growers on this forum do how is it a joke for Mg to say that you do not need it to accurately determine ripeness

MG Canna said:

quote]

Well that explains it all then.

Latest posts

Back