question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

username812

Reaction score
i have 4 plants that sprouted a little less than a week ago and its starting its second set of leaves but the seedling leaves have barely opened, i was just wondering if everythings ok, and when i should i start fertilizing? i have (5-1-1) liquid organic fish emulsions and (0-0-1) liquid kelp.

give it some time,it usually takes 3-7 days maybe longer depending onthe strain,hold back on fertilizing .talk to mutt or b grunt ,they should know

no need to worry lots of plants have purple stems when they are small. i wouldn't start nutes yet. plants are still to small IMO.

seedling should be at least 10 days old before any nutes are added. I usually give them a "weakened" mix when I notice the cotyledons showing signs of necrosis/yellowing.

"The cotyledons may be ephemeral, lasting only days after emergence, or persistent, enduring a year or more on the plant. The cotyledons contain (or in the case of gymnosperms and monocotyledons, have access to) the stored food reserves of the seed. As these reserves are used up, the cotyledons may turn green and begin photosynthesis, or may wither as the first true leaves take over food production for the seedling."

are my fertliuzers going to be strong enough, i noticed that a lot of people use something like (10-10-10) sometimes stronger

Latest posts

Back