question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greentree

Reaction score
I got some plants that are budding,and one has little seed looking balls on it but its pistle show me its a female,others are looking flowering buds,any info would help thanks

greentree said:
I got some plants that are budding,and one has little seed looking balls on it but its pistle show me its a female,others are looking flowering buds,any info would help thanks
I hate to be the giver of bad news but it sounds like you have a HERMIE :eek: .

thank bro grunt,so what do you think i sould do about it, ditch it or move it

If you have females in the same area.. move it!

greentree said:
thank bro grunt,so what do you think i sould do about it, ditch it or move it
It's up to you on what ya wanna do. You have two choices move it or kill it. If you move it you have to make sure that HERMIE pollen don't get to your other plants because the last thing you want is HERMIE seeds. If your not going to kill it i would try and move it outside if possible.

oh ya out of curiousity, the hermie seeds are not worth keeping for later grows right? And how did I get hermie plants anyway?

"IMHO" most hermies are results of poor genetic selection during breeding. Either from stressed plants that were genetically inclined to begin with, or accidental pollination by a stray hermie flower. MJ is known to produce a male flower or two, late in the flowering cycle, as a last ditch effort to reproduce.
That in itself, is not neccessarily a genetic fault. But, what usually happens, is some one then uses the few seeds produced by that pollination to grow. Resulting in further promoting the herm' trait.

Possiibly under 'ideal' environmental conditions, those won't hermie. BUT the hermie trait is there, lieing just below the surface waiting to rear it's ugly head. Future generations are sure to exhibit the trait.

there isnt much chance that i can put them outside as big as they are because im in subdivision,so maby put plactic between hermies and females sealed from wall to wall(2x10 area)think that might work,or kill em?
Thank you guys for your help

I wouldnt risk your good bud for one hermie.IMO plastic seems a little risky seeing as how it only takes ONE tiny bit of pollen to ruin the crop.

greentree said:
there isnt much chance that i can put them outside as big as they are because im in subdivision,so maby put plactic between hermies and females sealed from wall to wall(2x10 area)think that might work,or kill em?
Thank you guys for your help

Well even in a s/d. you could feesably conceal them. OD even partially shaded areas you good get away with. Good little trick would be put em the middle of a big leafed bush out back. In a pot dead middle. From 5-10' away you couldn't even tell. ;)
Heck heard stories of people littlerly standing on a plant not knowing its what was there/. Thing is if your don't show the signs and blend in your local area. your under radar and people aren't looking for it.
I had one last year behind my wood pile. a last ditch effort for a sickly female. that I didn't want to waste energy on. actually did great. and had people right there not notice. it looked like a weed

Latest posts

Back