Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jray

Reaction score
2835C50C-BBE7-48DE-936C-4C2E62544B4D.jpeg
3E9FEEE1-E0FF-4C85-A0F3-62B8CF66C9A9.jpeg
F3EAE56C-2AAE-45C7-A76A-24AAA4784969.jpeg
F530C442-7BD7-41CC-8A08-350BBC043FDA.jpeg
my plant is give off oil smell and white stuff

I can't tell from your pictures, do you think that is mildew or mold on your leaves?

Get in there with a vacuum cleaner right away, don't let that sit in your room and multiply. I honestly do not know what it is- webs could be spiders or mites, white fuzz could be mold or an insect pupa, but get it out of there. If you have dead leaves on the floor or soil surfaces, vacuum them up too- you don't want to give any free motel rooms to pests!
If I found one or two water leaves with a mess like that, I'd cut them off immediately and burn them outdoors with no regrets, and plan to treat the room with eagle20 before the next grow cycle. The rest of your plant looks vigorous.

Get in there with a vacuum cleaner right away, don't let that sit in your room and multiply. I honestly do not know what it is- webs could be spiders or mites, white fuzz could be mold or an insect pupa, but get it out of there. If you have dead leaves on the floor or soil surfaces, vacuum them up too- you don't want to give any free motel rooms to pests!
If I found one or two water leaves with a mess like that, I'd cut them off immediately and burn them outdoors with no regrets, and plan to treat the room with eagle20 before the next grow cycle. The rest of your plant looks vigorous.
I totally agree with what stinkyattic has just said because that's starting to look like spider larvae to me!.

You cant see spider mite larvae without a loupe or magnifying glass. You would look on the undersides of the leaves to see them.
The white stuff looks like powdery mildew, but it is hard to tell from the pics.

Looks like you've got male plants, eh? I was wondering because, at 8/30, you should be showing flowers, if not, trichomes, and your tops don't have either. If you pinched off the leaves about which you're concerned, that should solve the issue, because, IMO, it doesn't look like the problem is systemic.

BTW, if your plants are male, keep your expectations low regarding potency. Without a thick spread of trichomes, you'll be huffing and puffing.

Looks like you've got male plants, eh? I was wondering because, at 8/30, you should be showing flowers, if not, trichomes, and your tops don't have either. If you pinched off the leaves about which you're concerned, that should solve the issue, because, IMO, it doesn't look like the problem is systemic.

BTW, if your plants are male, keep your expectations low regarding potency. Without a thick spread of trichomes, you'll be huffing and puffing.
Yeah it a male it got high stress

Hi Jray. I want to help with some confusion about males/females/hermaphrodites.
A plant showing any opposite-sex parts is a herm.
Male parts with no female flowers mean it's a true male.
True males don't come from stress. They're normal in non feminized seeds and in nature.
Females can grow male parts, and vis a versa, under stress. It's part of cannabis' survival method in the wild. This is a hermaphrodite.
A single, stressed out female plant can still self pollinate by growing male parts, and set enough seed to ensure a next generation. Some fish and frog populations have sex changing abilities that are an example of convergent evolution - they've evolved a similar solution to ensure their own survival despite poor environmental conditions.
A single male flower on a female plant can give off enough pollen to end up with a shocking number of seeds, so you always want to inspect your budding plants and ensure there are no 'bananas on them.
Some cannabis lines will go herm under even mild stress, or none at all. These should be eliminated from the breeding pool!
Most are capable of herming under extreme stress such as repeated or long term photoperiod interruption. In this case, your job as the grower is simply to eliminate the stress and do your banana inspections : )
Edited after I found a pic in a different thread showing both male and female parts on your plant. But this is general information to help you next year.

Last edited:
Hi Jray. I want to help with some confusion about males/females/hermaphrodites.
A plant showing any opposite-sex parts is not a herm. It's a true male.
True males don't come from stress. They're normal in non feminized seeds and in nature.
Females can grow male parts, and vis a versa, under stress. It's part of cannabis' survival method in the wild. This is a hermaphrodite.
A single, stressed out female plant can still self pollinate by growing male parts, and set enough seed to ensure a next generation. Some fish and frog populations have sex changing abilities that are an example of convergent evolution - they've evolved a similar solution to ensure their own survival despite poor environmental conditions.
A single male flower on a female plant can give off enough pollen to end up with a shocking number of seeds, so you always want to inspect your budding plants and ensure there are no 'bananas on them.
Some cannabis lines will go herm under even mild stress, or none at all. These should be eliminated from the breeding pool!
Most are capable of herming under extreme stress such as repeated or long term photoperiod interruption. In this case, your job as the grower is simply to eliminate the stress and do your banana inspections : )
Edited after I found a pic in a different thread showing both male and female parts on your plant. But this is general information to help you next year.
So can I use the seeds that came from it

Noooooooooo!!!! You shouldn't have even let it set seed! And the moment you saw it had male flowers you should have chopped it. Some poor grower down the street with a seedy crop is probably devastated right now wondering how they got seeds after taking care of their plants all summer. It's considered irresponsible, at best, to allow a male or herm plant to release pollen outdoors. If you were my neighbor I would be angry, to put it lightly.

Noooooooooo!!!! You shouldn't have even let it set seed! And the moment you saw it had male flowers you should have chopped it. Some poor grower down the street with a seedy crop is probably devastated right now wondering how they got seeds after taking care of their plants all summer. It's considered irresponsible, at best, to allow a male or herm plant to release pollen outdoors. If you were my neighbor I would be angry, to put it lightly.
I kill it and grind it up and throw it in the garbage already

Phew! I know it's hard to do when you put so much effort into growing it, but it's the RIGHT thing, and next year will be even better: )

Latest posts

Back