Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airbone

Reaction score
I picked up a t5 fixture for clones.
I didn’t notice it came with bloom bulbs.
Probably a dumb question but I want grow bulbs for clones…
Correct?
image.jpg

For doing Clones other than a brighter light (temperature) they will not force on blooming, you are only looking for the roots

Yeah I know it won’t make them flower, but the guy at the hydro store said if I wanted grow bulbs he would trade them out for free.

I’ve vegged under MH and HPS.....I prefer the HPS for clones and new babies.....24/7

I usually clone under my sf 1000…
That has both spectrums, but that tent is full so had to get another light. The bulbs were only 5 bucks a piece so now I have both types.
Going to run this set under the grow bulbs and the next ones maybe under the bloom bulbs. I like experimenting with stuff.

Ive used HOT5s from start to finish before. 8 tube 4ft system put out 40,000 lums. I used 6500k for vegg and 2700k for flower.
I usually use small Floras Bulbs for clones.

the best fluorescent bulbs I ever used were some f96 t8 High Output 6500 spectrum

these are designed to be used in sub zero coolers

i could set these feckers about 3” inches from the seedlings and man oh man did they ever stay short and squatty with very robust and thick stems....

Yep. My HOT5s with the 6500k could almost touch the canopy and not burn. Had to move about 4" from canopy when I changed to 2700k because they are a little warmer.
Here are two I was growing under T5s. Both pics are the same plant.

f28t257p2642n3.jpg
f28t257p2642n6.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back