questions about a bubble bucket hydro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I am going to do another bubble bucket hydro grow in a 1x1x2m tent using a 600w mh and later a 600w hps hid light, and I was wondering which strain might respond particularly well to a hydro grow and be a big yielder and a strong pot.
I normally do soil and get 80-90g/plant in 11l pots in the same setting with 4-6 plants in the tent, but years ago I did a bubble bucket with a northern lights auto that yielded 220g of buds for just 1 plant so I'd like to try it again.
I was thinking about trying gorilla glue auto or maybe think different, but my main reason for thinking about autoflowers is because it's in an unheated garage in colder temps and I might have problems maintaining a good temp during a lights off period. I could do the autos on 24/0 light and keep a consistent tent environment.
I would prefer to do a photoperiod and put an aquarium heater in the bucket (20l) but will the bucket tend to vary a lot in temp inside the tent when the lights are off?
Any suggestions on which strains to try or ways to control the water temps in a bucket would be appreciated.

you would need a very small heater for a 20 L bucket. I have a heater 100w with thermostat built in so it's easy to keep the temps at a certain level but i use it for 75 L. Another option is to build a second res with heater and pump and circulate warm water with the grow bucket

Thanks, I already have the tent floor well insulated with styrofoam and have a 25w aquarium heater that keeps the bucket at 16C at its lowest setting and an air pump that was designed for 6 air stones all in one bucket so it looks like the water is at a good boil. I had the same setup last time and the roots looked good. It's just a test setup at the moment, but I imagine that the root mass and the lighting will increase the temps in the bucket once it is going, but my main concern is will I have problems with a photoperiod grow keeping the bucket temps correct? My last bucket grow was a 24/0 autoflower.
Also, what strain might be good to grow. I am looking for a fast grow and a low to medium height plant. And of course a strong pot.
roots.jpg

Latest posts

Back