Questions about bringing in the OD.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba887

Reaction score
Right now they are getting around 15-16hrs of sunlight a day, rising at 545-6am and sets around 9pm-9:15pm...

Will it be a problem bringing them inside under 24/0 under the hps? I know to look for bugs and stuff before bringing them in. I just don't want a re-happening of my last years OD grow lol.
long story short, My own flesh n blood and his best friend stole them, Told me they were found, etc. He eventually slipped up and said, "I can still see the tots from last year" LOL

It is impossible to look for bugs. Some of them, like spider mites, are almost microscopic. And you can also bring in diseases that you cannot see. I personally feel this is a bad plan. Either leave them in all the time or move them out.

Taking my chances with it, I looked it over with my 60x-100x scope and didn't see anything moving in or around it.. Sprinkled 7 dust on it as well... should take care of the bugs imo..

now if I do come down with a disease in the room, will it be too late once I notice it? or does it just depend on the extremeness of it?

I think it is a bad idea also. Just to many possible contaminants.

bubba said:
I just don't want a re-happening of my last years OD grow

Just do not tell anyone, beside us here a mP:D

mojo bubba---you be alright---if you just sprayed and moved them in---you might consider spraying the room as well cause any critter will jump to the safety of another plant

pcduck said:
I think it is a bad idea also. Just to many possible contaminants.

Just do not tell anyone, beside us here a mP:D

That is the plan! Well besides my fiancee lol but that's a little hard to hide because the tent is right behind the fridge LOL.

I'm going to take all the plants out in a second and hit them with 7 dust until the sun starts to set, then I will bring them back in to warm up under the HPS again.

I brought a large plant in once, 20 hours later i opened the door to the room and there had to be 80-100 different bugs flying around, becareful bringing anything inside from out.

I have moved many a plant indoor from out with no issues...just give it a shake to knock Amy bugs that can't hold on

ive do this every Fall...but I dont bring in and out..You grow in a tent if I remember right...I would say this to be okay as long as ya have no other plants in the tent..and ya dont have another grow right after harvest as you will want to clean very well...

oh...and go ***** slap that brother man

Bad Idea IMO. Its not just what is on the plant. There are likely insects in the soil too.

They often hatch in the soil and make their way out. Then you have this infestation contained in a tiny area and they WILL reek havoc on any other plant.

Outdoors there is a balance between good bugs and bad bugs. They usually take care of themselves.

drfting07 said:
Outdoors there is a balance between good bugs and bad bugs. They usually take care of themselves.

:yeahthat:

Very good point brosef...

Latest posts

Back