Questions About DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xRedkiller03x said:
So hemp u think the first one i poset wit h5 gallon buckets is better? i liked that one but didnt understand how the tubing works? and 5 gallon resevoir cycle everything? do i need 4 timeres for each plant?

5 gal buckets is definitely the way to go growing different strains. they can also be moved around as needed and plants can get better lighting than a tote.
5 gal buckets $5 x 4 or free?
Air pump with 2 ports $12 x 2
Large airstones $2 x 4
net pots $2 x 4
pH meter $20 (off ebay)
ppm meter $20 (off ebay)
pH down $10
The ONLY timers you need are for your lights.
No pumps needed either.
nutes depends on what you want to use and the way you want to run them.
I use GH 3 part but only use 2 parts...micro and bloom using Lucas Formula
when selecting an airpump IMO 2 pumps with 2 ports is better than one with 4. My big pump is loud and 2 pumps is insurance that if one craps out the other will continue to provide O2 to your roots.

akhockey said:
5 gal buckets is definitely the way to go growing different strains. they can also be moved around as needed and plants can get better lighting than a tote.
5 gal buckets $5 x 4 or free?
Air pump with 2 ports $12 x 2
Large airstones $2 x 4
net pots $2 x 4
pH meter $20 (off ebay)
ppm meter $20 (off ebay)
pH down $10
The ONLY timers you need are for your lights.
No pumps needed either.
nutes depends on what you want to use and the way you want to run them.
I use GH 3 part but only use 2 parts...micro and bloom using Lucas Formula
when selecting an airpump IMO 2 pumps with 2 ports is better than one with 4. My big pump is loud and 2 pumps is insurance that if one craps out the other will continue to provide O2 to your roots.

:yeahthat:

Don't forget calibration fluids for your meters. I use all 3 parts of the GH 3 part for vegging, but go to the Lucas Formula for flowering.

The Hemp Goddess said:
:yeahthat:

Don't forget calibration fluids for your meters. I use all 3 parts of the GH 3 part for vegging, but go to the Lucas Formula for flowering.

Ive found a cheap way to calibrate meters is just using distilled water. Its roughly 7.0 pH and 0 ppm. I do use them for my pH meter but have also used D H2o

ive been thinking about going dwc.the set up that thg and duck are talking about is probably what most people use and are cost effective.people seem to over do things when they start out.companies know this and want to take advantage of that to sell you overpriced stuff that is not necassary.most of the dyi things here are not hard to make,and people put them on this site to help others.do what you want but people that have been doing this for a long time are trying to save you a nice chunk of change to get the same results that you will get with the expensive set up.a freind of mine has the 5 gallon bucket set up and it works very well

Yes, the Lucas Formula is basically just micro and bloom in a 1-2 ratio.

No--the formula is the same for both veg and flowering. I do not use it during veg because I believe that vegging plants need grow nutrients. The Lucas Formula is 1 part micro, 2 parts bloom regardless of whether you are in veg or flower.

If this individal isn't going to take Ak's & THG's advice then
he's a goner for sure!

Can you believe he took the time to go back and edit every single post he posted he musta been really bored.

:confused2: He must have had a security breach and was tryin to cover his trail.

Hushpuppy said:
:confused2: He must have had a security breach and was tryin to cover his trail.

No, he got mad and left because he had a post about sports deleted. I just love these kids who break the rules and then get mad at us and leave....

He indicated that he was going to the toolbox in another post. It just might be his kind of place :giggle:.

Sounds pretty childish, but I guess there are those who want to do things their own way. When he creates his own forum then he can do it his way :)

stonedagain714 said:
looks like everyone wasted time on helping this one
Actually nobody who replied wasted their time as far as I am concerned. I was actually going to ask what DWC was (when you type it into the search function it says in essence that a three-letter term is too short). Laugh unmercifully. :p

DWC--deep water culture. That is a stupid search requirement isn't it?

The Hemp Goddess said:
No--the formula is the same for both veg and flowering. I do not use it during veg because I believe that vegging plants need grow nutrients. The Lucas Formula is 1 part micro, 2 parts bloom regardless of whether you are in veg or flower.
I think it goes like this:
Lucas (ml/Gal)
...............G-M-B
Veg..........0-5-10
Flower......0-8-16

Latest posts

Back