questions about making the switch to HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grower13

Reaction score
Yall have convienced me to switch my flower closet from T5 to HPS........ just good economics to do so and should help cool down my room ....... got a 2' X 4.3' space........... a 400 watt gives me 6000 lumens per sqft...... or a 600 watt gives 11000 lumens per sqft.

Questions are:
is 600 watt light over kill and adding heat without much or any gain?..... BTW I will be cooling light with fan.

I'll be venting the light through the ceiling into the attic....... should I set up the fan(6inch) to blow air through the light or to suck air through the light?

Also I'll have about 7 ft of pipe going into and out of the light from the ceiling........ should I put my fan along the way somewhere or in the attic or at the ceiling inside the closet?

While I'm asking........ cooltube or cooltube with hood?

Thanks in advance for the advice,
Grower13

I would go with the 600 watt. Its the best bang for your buck all the way around. Unless you are burning your plants up..there aint no such thing is overkill with lumens.:hubba:

Grower13 said:
\
While I'm asking........ cooltube or cooltube with hood?

if your mounting the light horizontal you need a hood, if you plan to try vertical mounting no hood.

I wld go 600w and pull the air through the cool tube.....jmo

Latest posts

Back